➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

It is 50°F here with high winds but there is no precipitation of any kind.

It’s like high 60s, almost 70, here and super humid, here in FL, though it was pretty cold this morning in Savannah haha but it wasn’t raining at first in Savannah but the whole drive down it was pouring rain and we could barely see ha

Chicks weren’t the first thing I thought of. :gig

:lau :gig :lau

And I love history but not sure about military history. I do love reading about stuff and going to forts and stuff so I guess I do like it but I’m not like specifically into it as a separate thing. I just like all history in general and a lot of regular history intertwines with military history. A lot of military history is quite fascinating. But it all is. I love history haha I really like revolutionary war stuff too but it’s all interesting to me lol I especially like reading about like the history of places and interesting/important things that happened there or whatever. Like when we were in Savannah, I was reading all the signs they had up about the history. :lau :oops:

Some night I read until midnight or 2 am. I lose track of time when I read.

I was reading an author who writes novellas and didn't like how short they were. I'm more into 50+ chapters
Yes! Even when I was a kid I would stay up all night if the book was good.

I’ll read short books on Kindle Unlimited but if I’m paying for it the book better be 350 pages or more. Preferably over 400.

Yes! Even when I was a kid I would stay up all night if the book was good.

I’ll read short books on Kindle Unlimited but if I’m paying for it the book better be 350 pages or more. Preferably over 400.
I haven't paid for any yet. I'm not sure how many pages the books I read are. I think 350+ or so. I can't wait to get the Kindle Paperwhite, hopefully it'll be better than what I currently have.

I’m a sucker for gross. Don’t judge me.

I am absolutely not into history. It’s really just not my thing at all, much to the Ginger’s disdain. I’ll recommend it to him.
If you are into gross, you really should try Dan Carlin's torture one. I think it is Painfotainment. Gross, disturbing and very interesting. I get into arguments with Crazy Lady, who watches horror for the giggles, over how nasty humans can be. Yes, I listened to the end. Disturbing. :sick

Description from the website: "Pain is at the root of most drama and entertainment. When does it get too real? This very disturbing and graphic show looks into some case studies and asks some deep questions. WARNING: Very intense subject matter."
https://www.dancarlin.com/product/hardcore-history-61-blitz-painfotainment/

@honanbm - is Painfotainment about the torture?

If you are into gross, you really should try Dan Carlin's torture one. I think it is Painfotainment. Gross, disturbing and very interesting. I get into arguments with Crazy Lady, who watches horror for the giggles, over how nasty humans can be. Yes, I listened to the end. Disturbing. :sick

Description from the website: "Pain is at the root of most drama and entertainment. When does it get too real? This very disturbing and graphic show looks into some case studies and asks some deep questions. WARNING: Very intense subject matter."
https://www.dancarlin.com/product/hardcore-history-61-blitz-painfotainment/

@honanbm - is Painfotainment about the torture?
Ah, one of his Blitz episodes. I haven't listened to this one yet. I'm listening now.

iu

And I love history but not sure about military history. I do love reading about stuff and going to forts and stuff so I guess I do like it but I’m not like specifically into it as a separate thing. I just like all history in general and a lot of regular history intertwines with military history. A lot of military history is quite fascinating. But it all is. I love history haha I really like revolutionary war stuff too but it’s all interesting to me lol I especially like reading about like the history of places and interesting/important things that happened there or whatever. Like when we were in Savannah, I was reading all the signs they had up about the history. :lau :oops:
I think that most recorded human history at least involves military history to a certain extent. You should give the podcast a try. I think you'll like it. Dan Carlin is very empathetic, and an excellent orator.

I swear my my medi-pot. The salt you mix with distilled water makes it not sting like pool water does.
You just do a teaspoon of salt with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. Baking soda makes the salt not sting. You have to use distilled water because other waters aren't clean and contain bacteria and other things.

Back
Top Bottom