➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

The coturnix look like buttons next to the chicken chicks. Turkey poult is just chilling in the center.
KIMG7040.JPG

Oh Tess! It's fantastic!
Thank you. 🥰 The lights arrived with no casualties (a true miracle).
All I'm waiting on is for the bleach I used to sanitized the main branch to come out. I've been soaking and rinsing it for days and it still stinks. Frustrating.
I was pretending to be Bob this morning... Taking pictures while at the grocery store.
This guy thought it was hilarious that I wanted to take a picture of his shirt.View attachment 2141383

And this one was in line with me at Starbucks.
I'm sure she thinks I'm nuts.
She saw me stop the guy to get a picture of his shirt and then I asked her to take a picture of her shirt.
She bought me my drink. 🙄
View attachment 2141387
You are insane. Does the mini die of embarrassment when he's out with you?

I’m so excited to see your new pup! Are they going to let you come see it every so often before you get it? We did visits with my dads lab puppy every weekend until we could bring him home, it got to the point he would instantly know our vehicle and start whining.
I'm sure the breeder would love that but she lives in Arkansas, which is a 14 hour round trip.
We also won't know which pup is ours until their personalities and "defects" start to come out around 6 weeks. Temperament testing is important to us and the breeder. Also if a pup has poor structure or movement, or a flaw like an undescended testicle or something, then it will not be going to a breeding or show home (and will be open to a pet home like us!).

Lots of different factors. I'm trying to shove it out of my mind because there is nothing more to do for the next several weeks. :barnie

All I'm waiting on is for the bleach I used to sanitized the main branch to come out. I've been soaking and rinsing it for days and it still stinks. Frustrating.
Try washing it with vinegar. It will smell like vinegar for awhile but in my opinion that is much better than the bleach smell.

I'm sure the breeder would love that but she lives in Arkansas, which is a 14 hour round trip.
We also won't know which pup is ours until their personalities and "defects" start to come out around 6 weeks. Temperament testing is important to us and the breeder. Also if a pup has poor structure or movement, or a flaw like an undescended testicle or something, then it will not be going to a breeding or show home (and will be open to a pet home like us!).

Lots of different factors. I'm trying to shove it out of my mind because there is nothing more to do for the next several weeks. :barnie
The last time that I bought a pup from a litter, I picked out my puppy at 2 weeks old. I ended up with the best pup of the litter.

My beagle I got for free was a dog heading for the shelter. These people paid $1200 for her and after 3 years decided she was a bad hunting dog 😫 they were heading to the shelter with her when I called them and picked her up at the vet. She was 45 lbs and couldn’t breathe. They left her outside alone with 8 cups of food a day because she no longer had a use to them plus feeding her that much shut up her baying. They gave us the paperwork for her and I about cried seeing how much they paid plus hearing her story. She had zero socialization and didn’t even know how to play. She actually drew blood on my hand the first time I tried to play with her, but now she loves playing. She’s 7 now and sleeps in the bed at my feet.

I hope you get your puppy because your home is a loving one and I know that dog with be living the life.

The last time that I bought a pup from a litter, I picked out my puppy at 2 weeks old. I ended up with the best pup of the litter.
our best puppy was the runt of the litter and was supposed to be euthanized, but the breeder didn’t want to do what the vet suggested. I had picked out a different puppy, but my husband wanted the little runt. She’s his buddy and she listens amazingly well.

My beagle I got for free was a dog heading for the shelter. These people paid $1200 for her and after 3 years decided she was a bad hunting dog 😫 they were heading to the shelter with her when I called them and picked her up at the vet. She was 45 lbs and couldn’t breathe. They left her outside alone with 8 cups of food a day because she no longer had a use to them plus feeding her that much shut up her baying. They gave us the paperwork for her and I about cried seeing how much they paid plus hearing her story. She had zero socialization and didn’t even know how to play. She actually drew blood on my hand the first time I tried to play with her, but now she loves playing. She’s 7 now and sleeps in the bed at my feet.

I hope you get your puppy because your home is a loving one and I know that dog with be living the life.
Beagles are one of the many kinds of dogs that must be on a diet for their own health. I was devastated when I had to have my last beagle put down.

Beagles are one of the many kinds of dogs that must be on a diet for their own health. I was devastated when I had to have my last beagle put down.
She lost 20 lbs. She’s now 25 lbs and her snacks or treats are veggies. She thinks carrot sticks are cookies because all the dogs eat them with her.

They will eat non stop and people think they are starving, but they are just being a beagle. They are truly a sweet breed. I’ve seen some that are so obese that I want to bring them home and put them on a diet.

Back
Top Bottom