➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Ok y'all... my hubby was trying to look up "bobcat calls" and what we heard did NOT sound like what we heard and recorded. I told him... look up fox calls.... BAM! Exact sound. My neighbors don't know what the heck they're talking about! I already knew that I didn't know what it was. :lol: I assumed they were familiar with it. I should have known better. :he That is completely on me. So it is most definitely a fox screeching. We will be looking to see if we have a den behind this morning/afternoon.
Wait so how do they not know what a bobcat sounds like if they have 7 of them!? :lau 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Last clutch of showstoppers feeling dirt for the first time

20200530_125142.jpg

20200530_125102.jpg

20200530_125614.jpg

And a few more feathers than last time lol

20200530_125304.jpg

20200530_125238.jpg
20200530_125017.jpg

Last edited:
If someone has bantam chickens and a full size rooster, are the eggs likely to hatch?

@BantyChooks

Pancake's eggs were 1 good and 2 no good. So I've asked for more from their mixed flock. Not sure I want to set the small eggs. I'm getting free eggs in return for a new rooster. Theirs has decided to attack Momma. Momma ain't having it. Soup is on!

If someone has bantam chickens and a full size rooster, are the eggs likely to hatch?

@BantyChooks

Pancake's eggs were 1 good and 2 no good. So I've asked for more from their mixed flock. Not sure I want to set the small eggs. I'm getting free eggs in return for a new rooster. Theirs has decided to attack Momma. Momma ain't having it. Soup is on!
Depends on the specific size of the birds. I've had some bantam/small LF eggs hatch, but any of the truly large birds (Chanteclers, White Rocks) keep their hands off the bantam ladies. I assume you're asking about fertility and not, I dunno, genetic mixing.

Depends on the specific size of the birds. I've had some bantam/small LF eggs hatch, but any of the truly large birds (Chanteclers, White Rocks) keep their hands off the bantam ladies. I assume you're asking about fertility and not, I dunno, genetic mixing.
I assumed he might be asking whether the chicks would outgrow the shell??? Kind of like big puppies in a small mother??

Back
Top Bottom