➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Emerald bees are not honey bees.

Lots of caterpillars have toxic properties in their bodies. My guineas will not even touch the woolly worm caterpillars.
I didn’t look up what type of bee they are. Sorry I probably should have.

This thing was super fuzzy and the instant the hairs went through my pants, my skin started burning.

I was planting veggies in the garden. We have lots of tomatoes so I can try a raw one.

I checked in on Daisy this morning when we let the other chickens and ducks out. We have a waterer in the covered run part and that is where I put her food in as well. She didn't want to come out. We had some errands to run and while we were out we stopped by Rural King. It is a good thing it is like an hr drive away from where we live. We don't get out there very often. Of course I had to peek in on their animals that they were carrying. They didn't have much in at the moment. They said that they'll be getting more in tomorrow or Friday. They had 1 bin of chickens, none that interested me and 1 bin of ducks. The ducks were Saxony! :love Ohhhh I wanted to grab some. That is the breed that I wanted when I first started looking in to getting ducks. But I have 7 already and between them and the chickens, we have eggs coming out of our ears. So I refrained. If I ever get rid of the ones I have and decide to start again, I will probably go with that breed. Anywho... to make a long story short (and the reason I started this post), we got back home and I checked in on Daisy again and noticed she had come out on her own because there was a big ole poo in the run. :sick So I removed it and then raked up a circle of dirt for her so if she comes out again and wants to dust bathe, she won't have to try so hard to work the ground. Just trying to make sure she is all set. My mind is more at ease to know that she came out on her own. So I will just let her do her thing. Day 4. :celebrate

Sweetgrass poult (not her mother)
full

Tri-Color Mottled Slate with Sweetgrass Poults
full

Tri-Color Mottled Slate
full

Sweetgrass poults
full

full

Back
Top Bottom