➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Yesterday the Blue Slate hen lied to me and pretended that she didn't have babies. I could see at least 5 empty egg shells beside her. There has been a raccoon hanging around so to avoid unnecessary losses, I managed to swipe 3 from her. Two were Sweetgrass and the third was a Tri-Color Mottled Black. I added them to the brooder with the other ten poults that i have swiped.

This morning when I checked on her the Wild hen was beside her. I don't know if she was just checking out the poults or if she was going to try to steal some. I grabbed the camera in case I could get some cute poult pics but they were all back under her when I got back.

She got up off of the nest for me and I was able to swipe 8 Sweetgrass poults, one Tri-Color Mottled Black poult and two Tri-Color Mottled Slate poults. I did leave her with one Sweetgrass poult that was still wet from hatching. So far she has hatched 15 out of this clutch.

full

full

Last edited:
Wood's Roses
full

full

Bumblebee on Catmint
full
The wild roses are blooming here. I want to get out tomorrow and collect petals. I am out of rose petal jelly. Last batch lasted three years. :lau Time for another one.

I love your pictures. 'Specially the bumblebee! I had one land in my hair today, but it quickly found its way out. :th

Back
Top Bottom