👀 BLUE Eyed chickens discussion 💬

Closest I've gotten to a truly blue eye color in a chicken is my naked neck hen, Gwenyth. She hatched with beady black eyes that turned sort of amber-orange-brown, then broke away into blue-gray eyes with a swirl of amber-orange still, like she went in reverse of the norm for chicken eyes. She's an April 2022 baby, so a full adult now, but I still suspect that as she ages her eyes will continue to change and get more amber/orange in them. Even since this picture was taken, there's a bit more orange to her eyes than is shown here. She's just kind of a weird one all the way around, I guess. 🤭

Gwenyth eyes.jpg

I have an Easter-egger with pearl eyes and have seen other individuals with them like at shows and such, but those have never really looked blue to me, personally, more greenish if anything.

Closest I've gotten to a truly blue eye color in a chicken is my naked neck hen, Gwenyth. She hatched with beady black eyes that turned sort of amber-orange-brown, then broke away into blue-gray eyes with a swirl of amber-orange still, like she went in reverse of the norm for chicken eyes. She's an April 2022 baby, so a full adult now, but I still suspect that as she ages her eyes will continue to change and get more amber/orange in them. Even since this picture was taken, there's a bit more orange to her eyes than is shown here. She's just kind of a weird one all the way around, I guess. 🤭

View attachment 3707949

I have an Easter-egger with pearl eyes and have seen other individuals with them like at shows and such, but those have never really looked blue to me, personally, more greenish if anything.
What a weirdo Gwyneth is!

Back
Top Bottom