🦆 The DUX has woken up! 🦆

I'm having some trouble to keep up with everything, its planting season in the garden and i am exhausted in the evenings…
So here is the promised video of me feeding soup to the broody ducks:

I was able to candle Buffzilla's eggs yesterday and they are developing as expected. Have not been able to candle the eggs in the incubator again due exhaustion in the evenings…

I'm having some trouble to keep up with everything, its planting season in the garden and i am exhausted in the evenings…
So here is the promised video of me feeding soup to the broody ducks:

I was able to candle Buffzilla's eggs yesterday and they are developing as expected. Have not been able to candle the eggs in the incubator again due exhaustion in the evenings…
Very tasty soup there! Your ducks remind me of my own ducks so much.. I love how they chatter and bicker ❤️

My Duck-House is pure chaos, now i have four broody ducks:
Milka is stealing straw and eggs from Buffzilla to build her nest mountain even higher.
Tweedledee is sitting on three wooden and two of her? own eggs.
Buffzilla is complaining about Milka but not able to defend herself.
No idea on how many eggs Darkbill Duck is sitting, today's attempt to make her standing up ended in the loss of my left hand…
As three of the broodies decided the upper level is a great place to build a nest, incubated eggs fall down and mix with the freshly laid eggs of the other ducks. As a result i have to candle every egg after collection and then decide which egg belongs to which duck-momma. Further developed eggs are from Buffzilla (3 today) and the less developed ones must be from Milka.
🤯
I have the vague feeling that there will be a dozen ducklings in the living room again this year.

Just candled the eggs in the CCI, there are at least three that are definitely developing, the embryo is moving. Four eggs had to be tossed out, unbelievably the two blue eggs seem to be duds, even though there are more than a dozen drakes "at work". One black egg's content has liquefied - bacteria got in and the large white egg has started to develop but died. I need to weigh the remaining eggs, but they have to warm up first.

My Duck-House is pure chaos, now i have four broody ducks:
Milka is stealing straw and eggs from Buffzilla to build her nest mountain even higher.
Tweedledee is sitting on three wooden and two of her? own eggs.
Buffzilla is complaining about Milka but not able to defend herself.
No idea on how many eggs Darkbill Duck is sitting, today's attempt to make her standing up ended in the loss of my left hand…
As three of the broodies decided the upper level is a great place to build a nest, incubated eggs fall down and mix with the freshly laid eggs of the other ducks. As a result i have to candle every egg after collection and then decide which egg belongs to which duck-momma. Further developed eggs are from Buffzilla (3 today) and the less developed ones must be from Milka.
🤯
I have the vague feeling that there will be a dozen ducklings in the living room again this year.
My Muscovy Oreo was sitting on 11 eggs. Yesterday two were thrown out of the nest but still beside her and off and on she has either laid one of thrown one out that was a dud. I have no idea how many are left under her but if they hatch it would be a day next week. I feel they are all duds but time will tell. I value my fingers so I would never make her get up and I am not at home when she decides to get a drink or eat and bathe. I would never want a whole brood of ducklings in my living room. Good luck to you Frank. Having 4 at once before moving them all out recently was enough for me. lol

As three of the broodies decided the upper level is a great place to build a nest, incubated eggs fall down and mix with the freshly laid eggs of the other ducks. As a result i have to candle every egg after collection and then decide which egg belongs to which duck-momma.
Couldn’t you label their eggs so it’s less of a guessing game? I write a number and the first letter of the mama’s name.

Couldn’t you label their eggs so it’s less of a guessing game? I write a number and the first letter of the mama’s name.
Now i feel like an idiot! 😳 - I have not even though about marking their eggs. But there will be two issues: Only Buffzilla is trusting me with her eggs, the others will try to rip at least my fingers off.
And Blanca will eat the sharpie…

That went weird today: Buffzilla knew what i wanted to do to her eggs and took a bath right before i came into the duck house to serve "broody soup". - Have you ever tried to write with a sharpie on something wet?
full

I need to candle the eggs in the CCI but i am too tired, did too much in the garden today and i'm afraid i may drop one of the eggs. Or i fall asleep on top of the CCI and a duckling hatches out of my head...

Another quick update: There's an egg that is being kicked out by Darkbill Duck for the last three days. Candeling it looks promising too, with a well defined air-cell and i may fool myself but i think i saw movement. No idea why she does not like that egg, anyways it is now in the CCI as number thirteen.
I also had to lower the thermostat from 37.7° to 37.5° as the eggs started to develop their own heat and the high temperature alarm went off for the first time this morning.

Back
Top Bottom