1 injured, 4 dead and 2 missing

dnomla

Chirping
Oct 19, 2013
my injured chicken, mama, has her back slashed open and I think a broken leg from we are thinking coyotes last nite, I put her in a dog crate inside the coop. she is nervous so i wanted her to calm down first. any suggestions? thanks

Although I'm not sure what kind of damage coyotes do ( we don't have them in NZ) you have done the right thing by using the dog crate. do you have things like stoats, ferrit, feral cats/ dogs where you live? they all do damage and kill more than one. If I was you id be looking for those missing ones because if they are still alive then they will be traumatised and putting them all back together would be good for them. however in attacks like this they often go into shock and pass away. if she survives taking her to a vet would be a good idea, even if all they can do is pack the wound and give her a possible rabies shot or something. the vet would prob also have an idea of what did the damage.

Thank you 4ur help. I plan to keep searching for the 2 missing. Mama I will splint her leg and clean and wrap her wounds. I think she will heal. She ate a banana for me last nite

Back
Top Bottom