1 week old duck. Seizures? Wry neck? Please help!

tabatha_westcott

Songster
11 Years
Jan 18, 2009
I just picked up 2 runner ducklings Thursday. One is 1 week and the other is 2 weeks old. I have only ever raised chickens before (with no problems). They were both doing fine until this morning. I put the little guys in the grass outside and the little one seemed to be tilting his head to one side. Within minutes he was having a hard time walking so I brought them back inside. Then he was flailing around on his back like he was having some kind of seizure. He got rite side up again and calmed down, but it looks like he can't keep his head up. He is still drinking and eating, but it looks like he's dizzy or something. Is his neck broke? Was the drive too much stress?It looks terrible! Please help me! I will be so upset if something happens to him. What is wry neck? Can I help him? HELP! I'll put pictures if that will help. The other guy is just fine....

THE DUCKLING NEED VIT E AND VIT B COMPLEX

immediately to help this problem

you will however NEED to take a eye dropper

(1 and feed the duckling water with apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp to pt of water
Do this till after the duckling is better. Should be able to put the ACV water in a small waterer for the duckling

(2 immediately give the duckling 1000 mg capsule of liquid Vit E by cutting the end of the capsule and taking the vit E capsule and let the oil un into the ducklings beak
maybe stretching the neck some so it will go down

(3 also need to crush a vit B complex pill in a tbsp and put it into a tsp of water and put it in her mouth after it is disolved
Do both Vit's twice today then for 7 days till you see some improvement in duckling

(4 generally the shock of a new arrangement will cause chickens or ducks to have this nerve damage

(5 after today I would see if the duckling will eat a
natural probiotic wet mash
2 tsp of dry crumbles
4 tsp of milk sweet, sour or buttermilk
1 tbsp of non flavored yogurt
mix good and put the
vit E liquid as directed in the wet mash
and crumble the Vit B complex tablet in a tabsp and add to the wet mash

(6 Do this wice a day for 7 days to see if the duckling is better
then do this once a day for another week then once a week for a while
this should give the nervous system some stability

(7 you probably didn't notice it soon enough
you can email by PM for more information and include this inf so I remember what is happening

Back
Top Bottom