1 week old silkie neck/yawning? Issue

Juliechickens

Songster
12 Years
Apr 7, 2007
Memphis, TN
Hi, one of my buff silkie chicks about 12 days old now has started doing a weird yawn looking neck movement. She/he first opens beak then turns head to the side and looks like he's yawning kind of and dipping his head to the side. Something is wrong here,,,he's doing it about every 30 seconds right now. What could this be? Last week, this same chick had splayed legs. I used a brace and he's completely upright and looking great. NOW, this has turned up! What can I do??? What is this???? Julie

Is it possible that he has ingested a piece of bedding material...hay/straw/ or shavings???

Not really too much help on what it is, but I had a tiny chick start doing that one day and it scared me to death. I thought he was choking to death or something. I gave him water and masaged his neck etc... to no avail. I expected to find him dead the next morning but when I went out the next day he was FINE. He was running around and all like he hadn't scared the mess out of me. Maybe yours will work it out too.

Back
Top Bottom