10 Most Common Silkie Questions....

Pics
Quote:
Okay, real porcelains from feathersite, note the mottling:
porecelainducclecockerel.JPEG
PorcelainD'ucclePOz.JPEG

and real birchens, also from feathersite, note the breast lacing, and on the male, the silver wing bar and saddle as well as the hackles:
OEGBtySilBirchRoo.JPEG
BirchenModBtyP.JPEG
BirchenBtyP.JPEG

Last edited:
Quote:
I have white eggs and light brown eggs. there was one cochin frizzle, 2 sizzles (frizzled silkies) and 1 normal silkie and the father is a silkie.
so can you tell which laid which eggs?

Quote:
lau.gif

*DIES LAUGHING*
(And I'm laughing harder than normal because it's so true!)

I have Mile Fleur mix bantams that have tried to hatch golf balls. I've actually come to realize I can use those golf balls to teach ALL of my chickens (bantam and large fowl alike) where to lay. But the funniest story I have, is the snake who got into my chicken pen, climbed into a nest box... and swallowed a golf ball! Since he couldn't crack the "shell" after he ate it, he couldn't escape the pen anymore! This perfectly round "egg" was keeping him inside!

Because of that we were able to keep him in sight long enough to kill him. Then my nephew did the disgusting thing of squeezing the golf ball back up through his neck (with the head now missing), out of his body, and onto the ground. He rinsed it off..... and put it right back in the nest box!

And wouldn't you know, my silkies still sleep with it!

I have a Buff colored Silkie and she/he is about 6 months old, neither laying nor crowing?? Are there any telltale signs of the sex? I will post a pic tommorrow in the daylight
smile.png
0905181035.jpg
0905181035a.jpg
My purebred Chinese White Silkie rooster named SnuggleBug. He gets his name because he loves to snuggle, but is a pain to get a hold of.

Back
Top Bottom