**10+ (now 12+) Paint Silkie/ Possible Showgirl Eggs** Many Pics!

Shayna

I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]
8 Years
Aug 2, 2011
Midwest
10+ Paint Eggs, with possibility of hatching showgirls!

I have 3 hens currently laying in my paint flock and my incubator is full, so I’m selling eggs collected November 28th, until shipping day be Monday, December 5th. I will individually wrap each egg and package with care. I will not mark it as eggs, since I’ve heard too many instances of boxes marked eggs having more “accidents” but will mark the box as fragile. Paypal payment is due the day auction closes.

Paints can be unpredictable in colors of hatching offspring, but they seem to be hatching out a lot of paints. All four of my breeding roos are paint (one is a showgirl), and I have 2 paint hens, and one black hen laying. Pictures of them are below. They do throw some blue or black chicks. I do have gorgeous paint babies from them. Pictures of their babies are below. All breeders have 5 toes.

The fertility I’m finding in the eggs I’m incubating is great, but I cannot guaranty hatch rates with shipped eggs. I have development in all 13 eggs I put in incubator 11/14-11/16 from these birds. They will be shipped by USPS Priority Mail, which typically takes 2-3 days. I will not be responsible for any accidents in the mail since I cannot control what happens when they leave. I will ship within continental US only, excluding HI, AK. If your state has restrictions on receiving shipped eggs, please contact me prior to bidding.

Since I cannot control the hens laying, if they should slow down and I am unable to collect the minimum by the shipping date, the buyer would have the option to cancel order or wait for additional eggs.

If you do not accept my terms, please do not bid. If you have additional questions, I’m happy to answer them!

Chicks hatched from my flock:
note vaulted top on the right chick, but not all are vaulted
PaintChicks.jpg

same babies as above now- (more spots showing)
chick1.jpg

chick12.jpg

chick13.jpg

chick2.jpg

Newest hatch 11/14
paintchicks.jpg

My breeding roos – all bearded except showgirl, which has bowtie:

Showgirl Roo
paintshow4.jpg

showgirlcomb.jpg

Paint Roo 1
roosterspot.jpg

rooandpullet.jpg

Paint Roo 2
roo2.jpg

downloadfile-244.jpg

Paint Roo 3 (now sold, was in pen until 11/28)
roootherside.jpg

rootop.jpg

The girls:

Dottie (only not-bearded hen)
Dottie.jpg

chickens.jpg

2011-09-14151210.jpg

Buffy (she does have some small spots, great fluff)
Buffy.jpg

a102.jpg

Buffy2.jpg

Olive (black hens tend to help keep dark pigmentation in paint offspring)
All fluffed up after a bath and blowdry-
olive-1.jpg

With Roo #2
paintandblacksilkies-1-1.jpg

The girls hard at work:
Dottie & Olive
2011-11-13102031.jpg

Buffy
2011-11-12154520-1-1.jpg

Roosters with Dottie and Olive:
chickens2-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Just wanted to add that I've updated "My Page" with pics of all of my silkies, so if you'd like to see more pics of my flock, feel free to check it out!
smile.png

Keep in mind that I have posted pics on this auction of the hens that are laying and all of the roosters here, so any other silkies you see in the pictures aren't laying now.

Thanks!

Ok - the egg count is currently at 8, so I will probably have at least 12 by shipping date on Monday. I was just looking at the calendar and noticed these eggs will be just in time to hatch before the New Year. So close to being New Year's babies!

I also added a picture to the auction, which shows two chicks right after hatching, and then the following pictures show them now. This picture was added to show how when the babies hatch they show a few spots, but more spots typically show after the feathers start coming in. Also, some of my chicks are vaulted, as you can see one is in the first picture.

Thanks for looking, let me know if any ?s.
smile.png

Shayna

10 eggs collected since Monday. Anything collected prior to shipping will be extras!
celebrate.gif

Update: currently 13 eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom