10+ Silkie Eggs. BBS, White, Partridge. Collected 14 already

Fluffy-Butt-Farms

Songster
10 Years
Aug 4, 2009
Central Florida
Lines are Bobbi Porto and Sunshine Silkies.

3 more days to collect!!!

I have been weeding out my flock and keeping only the ones with the best qualities. My babies from my splash pens have high vaults and perfect toe spacing.

i have 100 percent fertility and 95-100 percent hatching right now. i blame the occasional egg that doesnt hatch on my incubator
big_smile.png

I have 7 laying hens, however, i cannot guarantee which ones are laying. i am getting an average of 4 eggs a day, so there is a potential for at least 20 eggs. I will try to keep a list of the eggs i have already collected, so you have an idea of what your'e getting.

There are pics of the parents and the different pens.

Pen:
Sunshine Silkies blue hen and roo
38368_chickens_142.jpg

38368_chickens_139.jpg

Pen:
Sunshine Silkies hen and roo
this hen daily dunks her head in the water. there's no making her pretty lmao.
38368_chickens_120.jpg

38368_chickens_119.jpg

Pen:
this is the all in 1 pen. they grew up together as babies, and i dont have separate houses built yet for them. The bright splash roo is only about 6 months old, and still has some filling out to do.
old enough to lay is a black split lav pullet, a black pullet, a splash pullet and possibly a buff. Roos are either blue or splash.
38368_chickens_131.jpg

38368_chickens_127.jpg

38368_chickens_129.jpg

Pen:
White bearded hens with Red roo. jsut changes roos. use to be a part roo i there, so you could get red or part babies.
38368_chickens_133.jpg

(old roo)
38368_chickens_145.jpg

(new roo, kinda molting and wouldnt cooperate with camera)(
38368_chickens_143.jpg

hens. well, the front one is a hen, the back one is a roo that i got rid of due to the red comb. 2 other hens in the pen look like the one. i cant tell them apart.

I appologize for the pics. I had to steal my dads camera, and didnt have time to bathe and groom everyone first.

Shipping: I bubble wrap each egg individually, and line the box with it. I have never had a complaint about eggs arriving broken, however, i cannot guarantee that the post office doesnt drop kick your box. I dont guarantee that you will have the same results hatching that i do, due to shipping and your incubating practices.

plz ask any questions.
ty.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom