10-week old chicks - sexes?

WilsonFarm

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2015
New Hampshire
Okay! I have my guesses and have had some help here but it was determined they weren't old enough then. Now they're 10 weeks old and I have to think of rehoming some Roos! I'd hate to give away a pullet by mistake.
1f602.png

Aside from EE all have Brahma for father. *

"Caramel" -EE

"Rex" - Thought from day 1 a Roo, but it's turning out to look hen-ish?

"Spring" - SS/brahma/Wyandotte roots
*most curious about this guy! My guess is roo.

"Chick 4"

"Chick 5" - total cockerel, yeah?
1f615.png

"Chick 6" - my favorite EE

Last edited:
Spring and Chick 5 look like cockerels, both EEs look like pullets (and are so stunning!), could you get a better picture of Rex? I'm thinking cockerel though, and I'm unsure of chick 4 though I'm also leaning towards cockerel for that one.

Spring and Chick 5 look like cockerels, both EEs look like pullets (and are so stunning!), could you get a better picture of Rex? I'm thinking cockerel though, and I'm unsure of chick 4 though I'm also leaning towards cockerel for that one.

I'm so relieved the EEs look to be pullets! I bought them sexed but you never know.. They ARE pretty! Caramel reminds me of a salmon favorelle and I am so excited for (hopefully!) green eggs!

Here's a better picture of "Rex" from the side, but he's sitting down. He's the best at hiding and avoiding me.
1f644.png
Sorry that it's dark, I finally found him under the pool deck!

Also, does this beauty look like a pullet? Also couldn't get a great picture, but she has smaller legs and her comb shows no pink thus far!

Thanks so much for your help! I was definitely suspecting a whole crop of Roos...

So here's Chick 4 again

And the pullet I am hoping I guessed correctly about in my last reply

Still not sure on Rex and Chick 4 (would try and get a second opinion), the one on the bottom of your last two posts looks like a pullet.

Here they are at 12-13 weeks now / the two that have me waffling. Saddle feathers are white and hard to see! (I know they're just developing, but two have noticeably pointed ones now.)

I've gotten mixed opinions and am just looking to be sure! Thanks so much!

Chick 4

Rex (cockerel? I think the tail feathers are curving)

Back
Top Bottom