10 week old Easter Eggers - Pullet or Cockerel?

eje99

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 4, 2014
Hello All,
I'm trying to sex these chicks, as I need to re-home some roosters due to overcrowding in my coop. I have my guesses as to what they are, but was hoping for some of your expert opinions. . . I have 8 total, but I'll limit this post to 4. I'm not sure how to do this with the pictures, but I'll give it a go:

The first is Bella, who I believe to be a pullet:
Bella - comb.JPG Bella - body.JPG

The next one is Lola, who I also believe to be a pullet:
Lola - body.JPG Lola - comb.JPG

Next is Robin, and I'm guessing a cockerel based on the 3 rows in the comb:
Robin - body.JPG Robin - comb.JPG

And number 4 is "Red" - I'm also putting my money on cockerel:
Red  - body.JPG Red - comb.JPG

Your thoughts are definitely appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hello All,
I'm trying to sex these chicks, as I need to re-home some roosters due to overcrowding in my coop. I have my guesses as to what they are, but was hoping for some of your expert opinions. . . I have 8 total, but I'll limit this post to 4. I'm not sure how to do this with the pictures, but I'll give it a go:

The first is Bella, who I believe to be a pullet:
View attachment 1077102 View attachment 1077103

The next one is Lola, who I also believe to be a pullet:
View attachment 1077104 View attachment 1077105

Next is Robin, and I'm guessing a cockerel based on the 3 rows in the comb:
View attachment 1077106 View attachment 1077107

And number 4 is "Red" - I'm also putting my money on cockerel:
View attachment 1077108 View attachment 1077109

Your thoughts are definitely appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Hi, your birds are gorgeous! I love Easter eggers...I used to have ameraucanas and found that these breeds are more difficult to sex based off the type of comb they sport and the lack of waddles. I used to have the best luck by looking at the tail feather growth. In my (amateur) opinion, Bella and robin are pullets. Lola and red have that slight curve in the tail feather that says roo to me. I could definitely be wrong though.

Hi, your birds are gorgeous! I love Easter eggers...I used to have ameraucanas and found that these breeds are more difficult to sex based off the type of comb they sport and the lack of waddles. I used to have the best luck by looking at the tail feather growth. In my (amateur) opinion, Bella and robin are pullets. Lola and red have that slight curve in the tail feather that says roo to me. I could definitely be wrong though.

Thank you! I do love 'em! Thanks for your input . . . although I really hope Lola is a girl!

Thanks everyone. I'm a bit disappointed that Bella turns out to be Beau, but oh well!
On another note - Red is definitely a little 'roo - he started crowing today!

Back
Top Bottom