10 week Sapphire pullet respiratory and left paralysis

I got a concentrated vitamin and a drug to try from my vet yesterday she is a large animal vet though not avian. She thinks it is more likely neurological. It is a one time dose though after today if there is no improvement the odds she will recover are not good. I can't afford the local avian vet who wants fifty dollars just for a visit which is not something I can justify or really afford. So I will continue to give her vitamins for a few days and hope. The sneezing cleared right up Friday night right after starting Tylan so now we are just dealing with the loss of her leg use. It is almost like a stroke victim.
Thanks for your help.

@casportponywell she ate, drank, took her medication and I set her on the warmer pad. A couple of minutes later she suffered some kind of seizure flopped violently and died. Does that sound like Mereks?

@casportpony well she ate, drank, took her medication and I set her on the warmer pad. A couple of minutes later she suffered some kind of seizure flopped violently and died. Does that sound like Mereks?
So sorry. Sure could be Marek's. I've had a couple do the same thing.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom