11 week old Americana- roo or hen

Bwies

Chirping
Apr 26, 2022
I’m assuming this is a roo because of the large pink comb and he’s double the size of his hatch mates. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2524.jpeg
    IMG_2524.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2533.jpeg
    IMG_2533.jpeg
    809.9 KB · Views: 16
Everybody has said cockerel so far, but girl, I think you have a pullet! I don't see any saddle feathers. Also, roosters have pointy neck (hackle) feathers. Do you have different breeds? Americanas are big breeds and will be larger than other breeds of her age anyway. At that size, I'd say you would hear crowing by now too if it was a rooster. Now, I could be wrong, but if I had her I'd be excited! I bought 2, and they ended up being roosters.☹️ So, for your sake, I hope I'm right on this! Please let us know when you know for sure.

Everybody has said cockerel so far, but girl, I think you have a pullet! I don't see any saddle feathers. Also, roosters have pointy neck (hackle) feathers. Do you have different breeds? Americanas are big breeds and will be larger than other breeds of her age anyway. At that size, I'd say you would hear crowing by now too if it was a rooster. Now, I could be wrong, but if I had her I'd be excited! I bought 2, and they ended up being roosters.☹️ So, for your sake, I hope I'm right on this! Please let us know when you know for sure.
I hope you're right too because I really like him/her :) Love those fluffy cheeks and I already have 3 roos. Under those fluffy cheeks there is pink where wattles would be so not sure if that made a difference or not either. I know there's a squawk between her and 2 others her age but can't catch who it is. I know for sure my leghorn is female and I'm 99% sure my barnevelder is female but time will tell. Thanks for the input, I'll keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom