11-week old Black Copper Marans Cross Cockerels in Oakland, CA

lizgarf

Songster
11 Years
Jun 4, 2012
Hi, I have some beautiful almost-11-week-old cockerels, broody hatched 8/23-27. The eggs were from my own hens and fertilized by my BCM roo, Desi. The two pure BCM cockerels have just gone to a great home, and now I'm trying to find a loving home for the crosses, which are my favorites! One (maybe 2) crossed with my dark Brahma, one with a bantam frizzled Cochin (Diego is not frizzled but might carry the gene), and one from an unknown bantam breed, possibly Sebright. Desi was broody-hatched from eggs I bought from Papa's Poultry. All my chickens are fed organic feed from Modesto Mills and free-range daily.

I think of these guys as my grandchicks, and I hope they will find good homes where they can range regularly and have some lady friends to look after and when it's time for them to move on, that they go peacefully.
I won't ship, but I could potentially travel to a reasonable distance from Oakland for the right home.

Here's papa Desi:

Here are the boys:
Brahmarans Brian (dark brahma mama is a lap hen and my favorite of the flock):

BCM/Bantam frizzled cochin cross, Diego (mahogany bits coming in. I suspect he'll look like a smaller fluffy blue copper marans. He's extra sweet and friendly and might make some frizzled babies):

BCM crossed with lovely bantam, possibly sebright, Frankie. (When Frankie was 2 days old, I rescued him from being pecked to death by his over-the-top broody mom who seemed to think he was too tiny. I gave him to another broody who was sitting on the unhatched BCM eggs abandoned by the other broodies and ran to the store and bought liquid bandage. He survived and healed really well, though he has a little scar like a headband from where the skin on his head was torn open. He's a super sweet little guy, and I'm so bummed he's a boy!)

Thanks for looking!

Anyone? Anyone?
I think someone just crowed, so I really need to find homes soon, as it'll be hard to put them all in the man cave at night. They're beautiful boys! Here are some new pictures:

They're 12 weeks old now, and no one has crowed yet. Here are a few more pics, which don't quite do their iridescent feathers justice. I swear Diego has lilac highlights!

I rehomed the Brahmarans, but I still have the two bantams I need to re-home. I'm considering keeping Diego, the blue cochin/cross, and have started looking for a home for Desi, their papa. Desi is gorgeous and relatively docile, but I'm worried that he has been too much for my bantam hens. Updated pics of the two remaining cockerels and Desi are below.

Frankie:

Diego:

Desi:

Back
Top Bottom