11 weeks old - pullets or roos? Svart Hona, Appenzeller Spitzhauben & Silver Sebright

Cerise1924

Crowing
Aug 22, 2016
Willamette Valley, Oregon
By this age, one should be able to tell! I am pretty sure I have three pullets (Svart Hona, Sebright and one Appenzeller), and from the red wattles, I suspect the other Appenzeller is a cockerel... but (he) shows no cockerel behaviour. Just acts like the other youngsters. Thoughts?

I also included pics of my white Orpington, who is about 3 months. I feel fairly sure she's a pullet, but I'd like another opinion.

Pic #1

Here's Lemondrop, the Orpington. Pullet?
IMG_8552.JPG

Pic #2, Appenzellars. Ella with a blacker crest, above. Cab, with a lighter crest, below. Jenny, the Svart Hona, on the bottom

IMG_8767.JPG

Pic #3 & 4, Lemondrop again. Orpington, about 3 months. Can we be 100% sure she's a pullet, now?
IMG_E8262.JPG
IMG_E8714.JPG

Pic #5, Ella. Pullet?

IMG_E8725.JPG

Pic #6 & 7 Cab, cockerel?
IMG_E8741.JPG
IMG_E8744.JPG

Pic #8, sweet, sweet Jenny the Svart Hona. Pullet?
IMG_E8751.JPG

Pic #9 June, the very shy Sebright
IMG_E8753.JPG

Pic #10 Jenny
IMG_E8763.JPG

Pic #11 June
IMG_E8764.JPG

Thanks for any confirmation you can give.

So far, Cab appears to definitely be a cockerel. In a couple of weeks, I think I'd like to see pics of Jenny. Her comb seems rather large to me for only 12 weeks, and I want to see if when that tail grows back in, it brings male saddle feather's with it.
Otherwise, the rest appear to be pullets.

So far, Cab appears to definitely be a cockerel. In a couple of weeks, I think I'd like to see pics of Jenny. Her comb seems rather large to me for only 12 weeks, and I want to see if when that tail grows back in, it brings male saddle feather's with it.
I really appreciate your reply. Thanks for the heads-up on Jenny. With the Svart colouring, I had no red wattles to tip me off, but this morning I noticed distinctly sickle-shaped feathers in the tail. You have a good eye. I think I've got two cockerels.

x2

Back
Top Bottom