11 wk old pullets - are they Easter Eggers or...?

@UThobbyfarmer Thought I replied and I didn't, I'm sorry. Your chickens are adorable! Such cuties! Definitely look a lot like mine with those yellow legs. Thanks for sharing!

@The WinterWolf She is gorgeous! Have you had any eggs from her yet? I heard Welsummers have speckles on their eggs?
They’re sweet birds for sure.
CB676C63-6C62-4F27-A8DB-133C2E9947F4.jpeg

@UThobbyfarmer Thought I replied and I didn't, I'm sorry. Your chickens are adorable! Such cuties! Definitely look a lot like mine with those yellow legs. Thanks for sharing!

@The WinterWolf She is gorgeous! Have you had any eggs from her yet? I heard Welsummers have speckles on their eggs?
Thank you! I have. she lays medium brown eggs with dark speckles, not very often either. here's the last egg i got. it's so tiny ❤️
IMG_20220920_222624.jpg

sorry for the bad photo. i'm using a laptop.

Just wanted to update that Stitch laid her first egg today! It's a tiny little speckled brown egg! I wonder if she'll lay larger eggs or not. I have a Polish bantam (who started laying back on Oct. 4th) that lays slightly bigger eggs than this! 🤭

Anyway, so proud of Stitch! Her and the other pullets are 19 weeks old as of today. Stitch definitely started maturing faster than the others so I'm not too surprised she was the first to lay. The other 5 should be joining in soon! I'm suspecting they may all lay the same colors but we'll see!

IMG_20221016_171806344_HDR.jpg

Just wanted to update that Stitch laid her first egg today! It's a tiny little speckled brown egg! I wonder if she'll lay larger eggs or not. I have a Polish bantam (who started laying back on Oct. 4th) that lays slightly bigger eggs than this! 🤭

Anyway, so proud of Stitch! Her and the other pullets are 19 weeks old as of today. Stitch definitely started maturing faster than the others so I'm not too surprised she was the first to lay. The other 5 should be joining in soon! I'm suspecting they may all lay the same colors but we'll see!

View attachment 3293774
Wow! What an egg! Thank you for updating. I can’t wait to see what the rest of your pullets lay.

I ended up with too many pullets this year. From my Hoover’s chicks I’ve thinned down to 1 Legbar mix, like yours, and 3 traditional Easter Eggers.

Last edited:
Hoovers is going to be solely responsible for bringing back 80s hair! 2 of mine are officially proudly sporting their baby Mohawks so I guess I’m in the cool girls club! :ya Loving these crazy hairdos!! & hey that egg has an olive-ish cast on my screen..how bout in person? Love the speckles totally goes with the punk rock hair!

Attachments

• BD6F2583-5096-4E69-88CD-B40C48DBA337.jpeg
    BD6F2583-5096-4E69-88CD-B40C48DBA337.jpeg
    455.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 0C822FFF-C471-48BB-92D2-88F341471555.jpeg
    0C822FFF-C471-48BB-92D2-88F341471555.jpeg
    396.7 KB · Views: 4
never thought i'd hear this 😂 😅 i got 3 roosters out of 8 hens :rolleyes:

my Mystic onyx was advertised as an olive egger :hmm:rolleyes: she was really sweet though and i don't mind
Right?! I’ve never had this surplus of started pullets before. All 10 TSC/Hoover’s chicks ended up being pullets! Plus chicks from other sources that’s a few too many birds for me to care for properly.

What color egg does your Onyx lay? I love a good friendly hen.

Back
Top Bottom