• Boy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

circesfire

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 10, 2013
Surprise, Arizona
I bought 2 Wyandotte pullets which are now 12-13 weeks old. My silver laced wyandotte is a very bossy toward my gold laced, and my boyfriend is concerned that she is actually a he; which would be a big problem as we are not allowed to keep roosters in our city. I am really hoping she is a girl, as even though she isn't as friendly as the gold laced, she's still pretty sweet. The breeder that I bought them from will take them back if it turns out to be a rooster, in exchange for a 3 week old chick. I am concerned that if this happens my gold laced will be lonely and will have no one to cuddle during the cold nights (37 degrees). Would I be able to tell at this age if it is a pullet or cockerel? She doesn't have large waddles yet, but they are more pink than the gold laced. I have searched her back for saddle feathers and couldn't find any, although she has been getting a lot of lighter colored feathers in the past few weeks. I know its not the best picture but it was the best I could get before it got dark. What do you guys think?

girls
wee.gif

YAY!!! I've done a lot of reading up on it and know that wyandottes can be a little troublesome to sex sometimes and having no experience makes it very difficult. Luckily, i plan to get a lot more experience - i'm loving having chickens!

Thank you so much! I just kept doubting myself because the silver one is so bossy. I guess they all have different personalities though. The gold one is "trained" - she jumps on whatever body part you point to
lau.gif

Both look like pullets. Even hens can be "bossy", especially when they're maturing and establishing the pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom