12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love all of those breeds :love
Here are some photos of them while we wait for their eggs to hatch. The ducklings are the runner when she arrived here. Her mate did not make it :(

Attachments

• Golden_Cascade.jpg
    Golden_Cascade.jpg
    729.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Runner.JPG
    Runner.JPG
    506.8 KB · Views: 1
  • White_Campbell.jpg
    White_Campbell.jpg
    675.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5008.JPG
    IMG_5008.JPG
    329.9 KB · Views: 2
I can't win for losing with this hatch. :lol: The cats unplugged the incubator and I forgot to check it for two days because we still had guests here. Plugged it in. All good, right? Right?!?! Nope. The temp shot up to 104 and my phone didn't alert me. :he

So far everything is fine, though. I did find an egg I didn't notice was cracked until I candled it. At this point I can't tell if my hatch is behind, ahead, or on schedule. :lol: Still fine, though. I refuse to panic.
🙀:oops:Sorry about those naughty cats. Hoping for the best for you :fl

I'm in! :celebrate I set 4 Marans eggs just now. The girls are holding out on me today, so that's short of what I was hoping for by now, but I'm thinking I'll go ahead and add in any eggs they lay in the next 24 hours or so as well. I'm assuming I should wait for my final count still before sending in my number?

It's been a long while since I've set any large fowl eggs--these seem HUGE now that they're in the incubator! :eek: I think my OEGB kids (currently ~2-4 weeks old, it was a staggered hatch) are still going to be smaller than these babies when they hatch!!

I'm in! :celebrate I set 4 Marans eggs just now. The girls are holding out on me today, so that's short of what I was hoping for by now, but I'm thinking I'll go ahead and add in any eggs they lay in the next 24 hours or so as well. I'm assuming I should wait for my final count still before sending in my number?

It's been a long while since I've set any large fowl eggs--these seem HUGE now that they're in the incubator! :eek: I think my OEGB kids (currently ~2-4 weeks old, it was a staggered hatch) are still going to be smaller than these babies when they hatch!!
I’m glad you’re joining. The more, the merrier!

Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom