12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
85 South Praying GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards
They are quail eggs.
When is the cut off date for quail eggs? The 23rd?

Well... I named one Nugget last year. And I know someone who named a chick Rotisserie... 🤷‍♀️
Thats amazing and I will be stealing Nugget :D

I have three EE eggs with Bielefelder or Wyandotte roos. :) Don't know what will hatch...lol
Can't wait to see these chicks !
Blue/Black Silver Birchen Marans, Wheaten Marans, Lavender Ameraucanas, White Ameraycanas, Olive Eggers, and Polkies (Polish/Silkie crosses).

View attachment 2575057
Polish/Silkie crosses! I cannot wait :D

Thank Goodness for Air Conditioning!

I did lose one hen last summer. I had to add a another mist nozzle to the run for them
I had chickens in the outer limits of the city of Riverside, in the 80's, they liked lots of pans of water and I ran the sprinkler a lot. Never had the advantages of chatting with other chicken keepers like this back then.:old But, I had Grandparents who had kept chickens, that helped!

Quick question. I know that the consensus here is 'set all the eggs', but should I set this one?

1616104253402.png

It had quite a bit of poo on it, and, as you can see, despite how tremendously careful and gentle I tried to be when I wiped it off, it took a lot of the outer color of the egg with it. I assume this means that the bloom in those patches has been destroyed. :( Considering all this, is this egg even safe to set?

I got this egg, I think from Vivienne, plus one more today from Mavis. Mavis is who I most want to hatch from because her color is kind of unique, so I was super excited to get another egg from her, but sadly my hand slipped when I was inspecting it for imperfections and I dropped her egg. 😭 I'm so upset that I let that happen! Hopefully she'll lay another one tomorrow so I can set it then. :fl

Quick question. I know that the consensus here is 'set all the eggs', but should I set this one?

View attachment 2575302

It had quite a bit of poo on it, and, as you can see, despite how tremendously careful and gentle I tried to be when I wiped it off, it took a lot of the outer color of the egg with it. I assume this means that the bloom in those patches has been destroyed. :( Considering all this, is this egg even safe to set?

I got this egg, I think from Vivienne, plus one more today from Mavis. Mavis is who I most want to hatch from because her color is kind of unique, so I was super excited to get another egg from her, but sadly my hand slipped when I was inspecting it for imperfections and I dropped her egg. 😭 I'm so upset that I let that happen! Hopefully she'll lay another one tomorrow so I can set it then. :fl
Yes!

View attachment 2575302

I would set it! I washed the living sh*t off the duck eggs :sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom