12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I just stumbled across this thread again realizing that everything lines up perfectly with my plans! I've been intending to help incubate a dozen chicken eggs for a kindergarten class for a while now, lending my incubator, teaching them, and helping them have the fun experience of incubation and of course the baby chicks in the end! I planned to set the eggs this Sunday, March 14th, without even realizing until now that the hatch date is Easter!!!
So might as well join in on the fun!
I joined last year's easter hatch-a-long with my very first artificial incubation (I had had some broodies hatch over the years) and got lots of help from this amazing community and fell in love with incubating and here I am again!
I will be incubating;
12 Chicken eggs setting on March 14th to hatch on April 4th, Easter!
Can't wait!!:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy
It is good to see you back!
I set 24 barnyard mix eggs. Very excited to see what the chicks look like! Last year we had really low fertility, but there are three more roos out there this year.
I hope the fertility is better this year!
Sorry Ron. I had to purchase my new chicks. I had no broody to set any this year. :idunno
I hope you get a broody next year!
:oops: Final count is 76 eggs. No hen's went broody, so I'm not going to count the dozen in the coop.

View attachment 2569114
Stacked eggs! How fun!
I have put my eggs in yesterday the 13th do I need to sign up anywhere or not also this is such a coincidence I only joined BYC today and put eggs in yesterday without seeing this so I’m at happy that I did just would like to know if I have to sign up anywhere
Welcome!
It's yes for me but the number of quail eggs that I'll set is still undetermined. I'll be setting all of the button quail eggs that I've collected by then on March 19th. I'll also set coturnix quail eggs in the same incubator on March 17th if I have any.
You will be setting all the eggs!
Thank you! It’s my first ever incubator hatch. Eggs were chosen and prepared to the best of my ability. However, I have no expectation other than to learn something. The labels keep track of some reasons why an egg might not hatch, such as dirty egg, parents’ fertility, age of egg, etc. My current profile banner photo contains the pedigree.
Pierre, a 6 year old EE proven sire. Pajamas, his grandson EE. Also 2 Naked Neck cockerels from Pierre with a proven EE hen to see if they’re fertile.

(I need to figure out how to start separate threads for photo record-keeping of egg production and pedigrees)
It sounds like you are well on the way to having a good hatch!
Dang, I didn't realise yesterday was the set date, I've been so busy, @casportpony . I have a few eggs saved, I'll start up the incubator when I get home and pop them in tomorrow. I'll send her a conversation when I do so.
It is good that you had some eggs saved up!
I received my 6 Goose Eggs on Thursday, let them sit in an egg crate for a couple of days (tilting twice a day). Put them in the incubator yesterday. Looks like I will have to hand turn them, the NR360 rack is just a little small for the monster (Embden) goose eggs, lol.
Ron
I hope the goose eggs hatch well!

These little ones aren’t so bad! :love
EF360317-5226-4CC8-B6CD-53E5B52D27E3.jpeg

Will you all look at this list and verify the information is correct?
  • If your name is missing, please let us know.​
  • Is yes, no, or maybe for setting eggs correct? If not correct, please let us know.​
  • If you are setting eggs, please send a conversation to @OneMountainAcres and let her know the number of eggs that you set.​
MemberSetting eggs
@AgnesGrayyes
@Alaskalizyes
@AmesHillFarmyes
@Anne02yes
@Arkhams Jokeryes
@AusHenyes
@Awakening Forestyes
@awesomeayamsmaybe
@BantyChooksmaybe
@BCPFarmyes
@Beer canmaybe
@BesideStillWatersyes
@beth1004yes
@BirdsBeesTreesyes
@BlueBabyyes
@bonz4bonyes
@BullChickyes
@ButtonHoardermaybe
@CaramelKitteyyes
@casportponyyes
@Cazookmaybe
@Ceciliasflockmaybe
@cherrynberryyes
@Chicka_deeeyes
@chicken1234yes
@ChickenCanoemaybe
@chickenfarmergalyes
@Chookwagnyes
@CluckNDoodleyes
@Corbdeeyes
@Croco Ricoyes
@Cynthia12maybe
@DallasChickyMommamaybe
@dandiducksyes
@Derangedplanetyes
@Di's Ladysyes
@Draconiasmaybe
@drumstick divamaybe
@duck3241maybe
@EggSighted4Lifeyes
@electrycmonkmaybe
@elizabethu42yes
@Ennmaybe
@Faraday40yes
@FearLunayes
@ForTheLoveOfSilkiesmaybe
@gimmie birdiesmaybe
@goldbeanyes
@HappyDuckiemaybe
@homeschoolin mommayes
@Honorayes
@humblehillsfarmno
@hysopno
@JaeGyes
@Janj76maybe
@JCaseyHammondmaybe
@jeapano
@JewelBirdsmaybe
@jolenesdadmaybe
@JustAChickenLoverOverHeremaybe
@K0k0shkano
@KalahariFerrarimaybe
@Katiewshrummaybe
@kelseykyes
@Knighstar679yes
@LadiesAndJanemaybe
@LadyCluck77yes
@Lilysbackgardenchickensyes
@Lydia Huizengayes
@MandaRaeyes
@mandi427yes
@Meg-in-MTmaybe
@Misfits Farm 92maybe
@MissMontymaybe
@muddy75maybe
@Mvan42yes
@Nero70002maybe
@Oldhallchicksyes
@oldhenlikesdogsno
@OneMountainAcresyes
@owlbabyyes
@Parrontyes
@Peep_Showyes
@Pensmasteryes
@PETLOVER07yes
@pipdzipdnreadytogomaybe
@Poco Pollomaybe
@Poultry mumno
@pozees2yes
@Pullet Pressno
@Pyxisyes
@Razadiamaybe
@RedneckAccountantyes
@Riv-6maybe
@rkadishyes
@ronott1maybe
@ronott1maybe
@Rysktalyes
@Saint Albansmaybe
@sekeyslaksyes
@shailayes
@ShannonsChimkensmaybe
@shawluvsbirdsyes
@SheaLonerno
@smfarmanyes
@spartacus_63maybe
@stormgirl82yes
@StuckeyFarmyes
@SulkyBantamno
@The Caveyes
@The Cottagesyes
@The Moonshineryes
@The Moonshinermaybe
@TheDawgmaybe
@tribalacresmaybe
@Trissehyes
@UThobbyfarmeryes
@ValerieLovesChickensyes
@Vanticyes
@Verna Yyes
@wf1992no
@Willow2253maybe
I’m not going to set eggs :(
My gamefowl hen went broody and she stole all the eggs. I’m happy she went broody though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom