12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first chick from the easter batch! She's a little early but she's a polish so that's probably why.

Attachments

• USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1617418104352_6783943224756189610.jpeg
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1617418104352_6783943224756189610.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 9
I take the white turner out because they can sometimes get stuck when trying to push out of the egg but if you're there watching you should be ok to wait. I've hatched both with and without the no-skid shelf liner in the NR360. It's not necessary, it's just a little extra padding.
Thank you! They haven’t come out yet! 6 pips and squeaks so far:love

I think once this hatch is over and I get a new incubator I'm going to try hatching Muscovy eggs. I hope I like them better than mallard derived ducks... Which I don't like at all and still end up with them. :oops:
Let us know!! I have Muscovies finally laying but none broody yet, so for sure I’ll put a batch of eggs in the incubator 😄

I'm hoping I can get them to be friendly. I've had a lot of mallard derived ducks over the years and I could never get them there. They're friendly as ducklings, but once they get to breeding age they want nothing to do with me.
Our boy was raised by a broody bantam who isn't that friendly so I didn't think we'd be able to handle him, but once he matured he would come up to us wanting attention. He nibbles us gently, enjoys being patted and he even squats submissively. Even the kids can pick him up (he's not going to be a huge drake but after the previous ones we raised being nasty beasts I don't care - as long as he's a sweetheart). The girls just hassle me for food and nibble me if I'm sitting down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom