14 happy chicks And one loud one?

Kylea0219

Chirping
Feb 10, 2015
Varysburg, NY
I have 15 two day old chicks. All seem very happy and healthy scratch around taking naps eating and drinking well. I have one chick that peeps very loudly and constantly. All the other peep but not loud. It's not a shrill peep it's just loud. Is this little girl ok or is she in some sort of distress? No pasty butt. Seems to be eating and drinking. I am Just a little worried.

The little black Dominique chick on the left is the loud peeper.
Also she was the only one I was worried about when I first got her. She was weaker than the rest.

I wouldn't worry unless she stops eating or drinking, or is lethargic. She just may be reacting to the instinct of wanting a chicken mom.

Last edited:
Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
! You could give all of the new chicks some Save-A-Chick vitamins. You can get it at Tractor Supply and you would add it to their water. You could also add some ACV (apple cider vinegar) to the water. Watch to make sure her poop looks normal. You are a good momma for these new babies
jumpy.gif

She seems to do every thing normally. She is just loud all the time. she even peeps in her sleep some times. seems to be eating and drinking fine. she even falls asleep in my hand all the time.

I have this exact situation right now too! My loudmouth is a buff orpington. Maybe your reply is right, because mine quiets if I go talk to her

Back
Top Bottom