$15 Timer!!

AlaskGirl

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2010
So I have to be frugal when it comes to chicken coop maintenance and I haven't been able to buy a timer, UNTIL yesterday!! I found an indoor/outdoor Christmas decoration TIMER for $15. It has two channels so my husband connected it to our light and it works!! We bought ours at Fred Meyer, only in Alaska and the West Coast but if you look around before Christmas, you may find something similar!

Lowe's has all kinds of them--some for about $7. I got one with 48 on/off setting for 12 or $13.

The one I use from Lowes was $5 or $6. It's a mechanical one where you pull up/push down some little tabs to set the on or off. I have a more expensive, electronic one I use on my Christmas lights, but the cheap ones work just as well, especially if you're not changing the schedule from day to day.

I NEVER knew this, I thought they were over $60 this entire winter??!! I spent countless days trudging out in the -30 degree weather to turn lights on and then turn off at night...I guess I proved to my family that my chickens are here to stay....sheesh. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom