Pics

ReiK

Chirping
Apr 22, 2021
Philippines
Hi,

I am concerned on my 15-week old chicken as today she laid her first egg(of course shell-less), should i start giving her layer feed? As i am concerned she is still young then she might become malnourished due to the early egg laying.

Hi,

I am concerned on my 15-week old chicken as today she laid her first egg(of course shell-less), should i start giving her layer feed? As i am concerned she is still young then she might become malnourished due to the early egg laying.
She won't become malnourished if she's on a complete feed appropriate for chickens.
Put out a container of oyster shell. I don't and never have fed layer mix. It is too low in protein IMO and I don't like having my flock on such a high level of calcium at all times, even when it is not needed by their bodies.

She won't become malnourished if she's on a complete feed appropriate for chickens.
Put out a container of oyster shell. I don't and never have fed layer mix. It is too low in protein IMO and I don't like having my flock on such a high level of calcium at all times, even when it is not needed by their bodies.
Thank you. Will just feed her regular used-to diet.

Hi,

Put out a container of Oyster Shells.
20201126_051320_resized_1-2.jpg

Are all your other chickens laying? If so I would mix the Chick Starter and Layer feed 50/50 till the Starter feed is gone.
Myself I feed all ages a Starter-Grower feed 18% with Oyster Shells separately.
I haven't fed a Layers feed in 3 years. GC

Put out a container of Oyster Shells.View attachment 2696519
Are all your other chickens laying? If so I would mix the Chick Starter and Layer feed 50/50 till the Starter feed is gone.
Myself I feed all ages a Starter-Grower feed 18% with Oyster Shells separately.
I haven't fed a Layers feed in 3 years. GC
No. One laying hen which i just missed to collect her egg yesterday started brooding today. While other hen are still raising their chicks.

Back
Top Bottom