Fowl0909

Chirping
Aug 23, 2020
So I bought the 1502 sportsman incubator a few weeks ago and I have guineas hatching right now. Keeping the humidity up has been a constant struggle, once I finally get it up it goes right back down. My Guinea keets are pretty much all stuck inside the egg due to low humidity and I’m having to help them all hatch. I added both sponge pads and the water bin is full but the humidity still sits at around 50% when I need it to be around 80% for hatching. I have added an extra bowl of water and I put a wet towel over the eggs but this isn’t a permanent solution. What can I do about this? Is there a way to change the settings?

So I bought the 1502 sportsman incubator a few weeks ago and I have guineas hatching right now. Keeping the humidity up has been a constant struggle, once I finally get it up it goes right back down. My Guinea keets are pretty much all stuck inside the egg due to low humidity and I’m having to help them all hatch. I added both sponge pads and the water bin is full but the humidity still sits at around 50% when I need it to be around 80% for hatching. I have added an extra bowl of water and I put a wet towel over the eggs but this isn’t a permanent solution. What can I do about this? Is there a way to change the settings?
How are your guinea keets doing?
I hope someone has an answer - I am totally not familiar with that incubator. But I do know that on my smaller tabletop incubators, there is a vent-hole or two that can be opened or closed, and that has an effect on humidity. Does yours?

How are your guinea keets doing?
I hope someone has an answer - I am totally not familiar with that incubator. But I do know that on my smaller tabletop incubators, there is a vent-hole or two that can be opened or closed, and that has an effect on humidity. Does yours
I had a pretty good hatch rate after adding a wet towel over the eggs! There is a total of 5 vent holes, 3 have covers on them. I think you might be onto something, I’ll cover one of the 2 holes and see if that helps. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom