1588 genesis humitity problem

What are you doing to try to get the humidity up? Give us some clues. With my 1588, I add water to another reservoir to get the humidity up.

One time I did not get the lid back on right. It held heat OK but the humidity ran maybe 5 percent lower than normal. 5% does not sound like it’s your problem.

Is your hygrometer working? Have you calibrated it?

Rebel’s Thermometer Calibration
http://cmfarm.us/ThermometerCalibration.html

Rebel’s Hygrometer Calibration
http://cmfarm.us/HygrometerCalibration.html

I'm sorry but what you are saying makes absolutely no sense. I'm really scratching my head over this one. You control humidity in this type of incubator by increasing or decreasing the water surface area. If you put water in additional reservoirs to increase the amount of water evaporating, the humidity goes up. If you have water in fewer reservoirs, the humidity goes down. The depth of water in the reservoir does not matter, just the surface area.

Are you maybe letting the reservoirs go dry? That would drop the humidity.

i know about the water increaseing i just got this bator and never had any problem in my years of hatching it is this bator i can not keep the humidity up.i got 2 hygrometer in there and they say the same.i have plenty of water in there just not syre what else to do.i put hot rags so many tricks but it falls back to 20

Scratching my heard too!!! Do you have to many vents open? I know venting is important but you can either close down vents & risk loosing chicks or loose them because of not enough humidity. OR maybe there is air leaks somewhere. Somehow your humidity is escaping.

i closed all vents just to keep it 20 if i take them out it goes lower.i am stomped.maybe i should take the bottom holes that are about the sizes of a bb

I'm not sure what else to suggest. Do you have the instruction Manual? You can get it on-line, I checked at the GQF web site, that may give you some additional information.

I had the same problem and believe it or not both of my hydrometers were off! I went and bought a new one (non digital) and my humidity was in the 80's. what kind of hydrometers do u have? Also it's not the depth of water it's the over all surface covered. I know how frustrating that was for me so good luck!

Do you have the Genesis 1588 with digital controll center? That is what I have. Which reserviors did ya fill? I had humidity issue my first time using it cause i used the small reserviors in center of tray. Ya gotta use reservior on edge of tray marked 1 for first 17 days then use troughs 1 and 2 for lock down. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom