1602N Adding Water?

xcalibor67

Chirping
Apr 28, 2017
So disgusted with this HB 1602N...Having to use slot 2 in the tray for water to get humidity right. Problem is, you cannot even see slot 2 due to the egg turner. Noticed my humidity had dropped a lil bit so here i go with flashlight trying to find the right cavity..Ended up having to unplug bator and turner, take off lid, take out eggs/turner just to see the freaking thing.Call me lazy, old, or just down right ornery...But cannot and will not take my eggs/turner out every time i need to add water, thats if i even remember about how long the last water lasted, without letting it run dry. Any tips/tricks other than build another one, that gives me that easy button?

I never tried this on this incubator because mine has the clear plastic tray---not sure if it will work but for Styrofoam it works good----Drop a couple drops of a darker food coloring in with your water for one time----it will dye the Styrofoam them when the water gets low the color gets lighter.

I have a 1602n and Love it, never had to take the turner out etc to put the water in slot 2?? I use a tube and a turkey basting needle to add water so I do not pour it all over everywhere.

Mine has the clear plastic water tray as well. The slots/channels are numbered left to right 1-4 etc. The directions said use slot 1, Its close to the outside, so i could actually see it passed the edge of turner, so i ran my lil Nebulizer tube through the styro and down through the lil wire grate for easy filling with my ketchup squirt bottle..lol..Problem is, i cant use slot one, found it gave me 70/75% humidity, so had to move over to slot 2, less surface area...I cant even see 2 period..lol. But your idea about the food color made me think if there might be a way to "Dye" the plastic channel?

Mine has the clear plastic water tray as well. The slots/channels are numbered left to right 1-4 etc. The directions said use slot 1, Its close to the outside, so i could actually see it passed the edge of turner, so i ran my lil Nebulizer tube through the styro and down through the lil wire grate for easy filling with my ketchup squirt bottle..lol..Problem is, i cant use slot one, found it gave me 70/75% humidity, so had to move over to slot 2, less surface area...I cant even see 2 period..lol. But your idea about the food color made me think if there might be a way to "Dye" the plastic channel?
Maybe I had my turner turned a different way----got it stored right now, but I could see the slot between the eggs enough to see how to add the water?

Dunno, maybe the lil giant is a tad bigge, or maybe im just blind, which is possible.. I looked and havent found any of the styro bators that have a "Good" water system. I know im blowing smoke, but i would gladly give an extra 15/20 bucks if they would make these with something like pic below..

Attachments

• incubator water..png
    incubator water..png
    30.5 KB · Views: 2
They could even use some type of rubber grommet made on the side of the tray, so the lil resevoir could be shipped and not mess up their perfect sqaure box, lol..

Back
Top Bottom