1st Flock :)

Welcome, the ducks appear to be pekin and the black one a runner. Can't see the chickens too well. I as well am new at raising ducks but so far so good. Best of luck.:)

Thank you Gander!
frow.gif

Thank you Crazy Feathers!
frow.gif

4 of my ducks have crests (3 white & 1 brown), and 1 duck looks like the Alflac duck (pekin, perhaps). The chickens vary in color...I will try to get better pictures of them soon.

- TieDyeMommy

Here's a slightly better shot of our flock.

Our flock & our coop.

Does anyone recognize what type of chickens I have? Or, approximately, how old they are?

- TieDyeMommy

Crazy Feathers...my husband & I were just talking about how our white chicken might be a Leghorn. One of our other chickens is red & cream colored, the rest are reddish-brown with black (lighter colored heads & darker bodies)...and one of those appears to have no tail (rounded-off butt). I will try and get some pictures ASAP. Gonna give them some apples and bananas as a "thank you" for our 1st egg on their 1st day with us.
cool.png

- TieDyeMommy

I don't know if this helps, but here is a pic I took of the chickens the night before we moved them to our house. If you look carefully, you can see all 5 birds. But, of course, I'll still try to get better pics ASAP.
smile.png

- TieDyeMommy

Finally a better picture of our chickens.
thumbsup.gif

This one we call "Red". She is red & cream colored.

This one hasn't been given a name, yet. She is red & black, with a black tail.

This one my daughter calls "Fred". She is all white...we believe she is a Leghorn.

This one we call "Goldie". She is the smallest, and is gold/orange & black colored...and she has a rounded-off butt (appears to be tail-less).

This one is also nameless. She is dark red & black colored.

Also...better pictures of our ducks.
thumbsup.gif

The four white ones...Three Crested & one Pekin.

Our chocolate brown Crested - although her crest has gotten thin over the past couple of days...(stress?)

- TieDyeMommy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom