1st hatch, day 22, vid attached, duckling shadowing?

ok! I will do that. He/she definitely starting to perk up a little bit now & starting to dry out but still quite tired. He/she had been rolling its egg around practically nonstop since I took the turner out last week. Hoping I didn’t “jump the gun” with his hatch, or lack there of, & make this harder on him than necessary!
Thank you SO much for talking me through this situation & sharing your knowledge.
i’ll tell you, so far these little welsh harlequins have proven to energetic, fiesty, sassy, & totally cutthroat!!!! 😆😆😆😆

The swollen pink belly means he just finished absorbing
He may take a few hours to look more alive
He will rest for awhile in that position. Once the swelling goes form he should be up moving more
It’s like us after a turkey dinner :)
oh! maybe I jumped the gun with him then, i feel like a total JERK. I will keep close eyes on him.
I probably should have considered the size of the egg in my decision making process to help the hatch. what are your thoughts on that? I feel like it makes sense, now, that If the egg is bigger, it may take longer for all the natural processes to occur to go through to hatch? My worry was there was not a single bit of progress from internal pip Saturday night to this morn. I panicked maybe.
Also, this lil duckling managed to escape the towel & migrate upwards right to my CLEAVAGE! 😂😂😂😂😂🤦🏼‍♀️. Then, Snuggled right up & went back to sleep. must be the warmest spot under the shirt lol

oh! maybe I jumped the gun with him then, i feel like a total JERK. I will keep close eyes on him.
I probably should have considered the size of the egg in my decision making process to help the hatch. what are your thoughts on that? I feel like it makes sense, now, that If the egg is bigger, it may take longer for all the natural processes to occur to go through to hatch? My worry was there was not a single bit of progress from internal pip Saturday night to this morn. I panicked maybe.
Also, this lil duckling managed to escape the towel & migrate upwards right to my CLEAVAGE! 😂😂😂😂😂🤦🏼‍♀️. Then, Snuggled right up & went back to sleep. must be the warmest spot under the shirt lol
You were fine when you took him out
He was done absorbing just needed to process it through him is all
He would have hatched within 1-2 hours on his own if he could have so don’t worry
It’s when they have a big yellow yolk left that it’s way to
early to take them and at risk
My guess is he should be up running around by now
He was looking for warmth from his mom :)
Enjoy every second of that :) You can never love them ti much !!

Hope you are doing a photo shoot soon we are eager to see these little ones.

How’s everyone doing today? I kept expecting pictures and update
@New duck mommy 2021
I finally have a few pics below (& a video I will upload shortly). oh my gosh, They are perfect little cuties! They are SOOOO active & curious lol. I Used to laugh at my Pekin & Rouen when they were still tiny bc they barely did a thing but lay there soaking up all of their cuteness 😂 (they are still LAZY & cute as can be ha). These lil’s are non-stop. It’s all i can do to NOT just sit here & watch them all day. How are both of your new mama hens & babies doing? I know probably MUCH bigger since we exchanged pics initially!
IMG_4714.jpeg
IMG_4760.jpeg
IMG_4747.jpeg

They are adorable that is for sure. Is that the biggie in front standing?

Mine are doing great. We lost the one under my other Muscovy but I am very thankful for the 2 that we did get. I haven't gotten many pictures last few days because of rain. They think they are grown now they can drink out of moms container 70915653311__5CEA46E8-1789-40A9-B919-7104B160C574.jpeg

They are adorable that is for sure. Is that the biggie in front standing?

Mine are doing great. We lost the one under my other Muscovy but I am very thankful for the 2 that we did get. I haven't gotten many pictures last few days because of rain. They think they are grown now they can drink out of moms containerView attachment 3552307
Smart to use the coffee container. Don't know why I didn't think of it. :D

Back
Top Bottom