1st hatch, day 22, vid attached, duckling shadowing?

Pics
@New duck mommy 2021
I finally have a few pics below (& a video I will upload shortly). oh my gosh, They are perfect little cuties! They are SOOOO active & curious lol. I Used to laugh at my Pekin & Rouen when they were still tiny bc they barely did a thing but lay there soaking up all of their cuteness 😂 (they are still LAZY & cute as can be ha). These lil’s are non-stop. It’s all i can do to NOT just sit here & watch them all day. How are both of your new mama hens & babies doing? I know probably MUCH bigger since we exchanged pics initially!View attachment 3552252View attachment 3552255View attachment 3552258
So stinking cute!

They are adorable that is for sure. Is that the biggie in front standing?

Mine are doing great. We lost the one under my other Muscovy but I am very thankful for the 2 that we did get. I haven't gotten many pictures last few days because of rain. They think they are grown now they can drink out of moms containerView attachment 3552307
Typical “teenagers” thinking they are grown enough to do what Mom does 😂😂. They’ve definitely gotten bigger, wow! I’m so sorry you lost one of them :(.

It was sad but thankfully my Muscovy is back to her old self which makes me feel good.

You never said is the one standing the one you were worried about?

They are adorable that is for sure. Is that the biggie in front standing?

Mine are doing great. We lost the one under my other Muscovy but I am very thankful for the 2 that we did get. I haven't gotten many pictures last few days because of rain. They think they are grown now they can drink out of moms containerView attachment 3552307
i forgot… Mr. Bigs is in the middle. He’s quite “round” in comparison to the others when sitting or lying 🤦🏼‍♀️❤️

i forgot… Mr. Bigs is in the middle. He’s quite “round” in comparison to the others when sitting or lying 🤦🏼‍♀️❤️
This one gives more of comparison scale. He’s on the towel to our right (by way of the pic from our current view). He gets tired much quicker than the other two, i’m assuming due to his traumatic “forced” birth 😳. Hopefully he’ll catch up with the others soon

Attachments

• IMG_4766.jpeg
    IMG_4766.jpeg
    909 KB · Views: 1
It was sad but thankfully my Muscovy is back to her old self which makes me feel good.

You never said is the one standing the one you were worried about?
aww i’m glad Mama Muscovy is feeling better, I can imagine they go thru a grieving period when they lose their babes.
Makes me think of the male swan that lives on this lake. He was up near, or on, my shore all alone all spring up until about 2 weeks ago. Especially if I was out there he would come up. I hadn’t seen his mate, or him with his mate, ONCE. I thought maybe she died and he was lonely & coming to “visit”. He would hang out for quite a while, I would talk to him, he would move his head up & down while we “talked”, then groom himself, & off he went until the next day. He even started taking a liking to my pekin & Rouen lol. Then about 2 weeks ago, he came by WITH his mate (yay!) & a lil baby, maybe 1 or 2 days old. I felt like he was “showing me” his new edition haha. Haven’t seen them again since that day. makes me wonder if mama was having trouble hatching, and they lost a few before finally hatching one. They usually are out and about early spring with 4 or 5 babies so it was altogether odd.

Back
Top Bottom