2 3-year-old hens need new home

Rizzo198

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 11, 2012
Hi! I live in Portland, OR, and I have 2 mature hens (almost 3 years old), they are still laying wonderful big eggs almost daily, but I'm not sure for how much longer. They've "free-ranged" in my backyard all their lives, and now we have to move and they need a new home. I'm one of those who can't bring myself to cull them, as I've grown too attached. I would prefer they go somewhere where they can roam around during the days and not be locked up all the time. We have a friend who is willing to take them but will have to keep them in a coop at all times, and I'm having trouble with that. I know they're pretty old but if anyone in the Portland area is interested in "retiring" them in your farm or backyard it would be so great. There's one Buff Orpington and one Plymouth Barred Rock. Beautiful girls. Please let me know as soon as you can, if they could go this weekend that would be ideal.

Thanks for reading!

Hi I am interested in your birds. I live in Washington and live about 2-3 hours away from Portland. What type of hens? If you are willing to hold on to them I am going to go down Corvallis in august for a chicken show.

Have you found them a home yet? I live just outside of Portland, just finished my coop and run, and have space to let them roam to their heart's content.

Back
Top Bottom