2 Roosters need home asap/by this weekend or next

sstehm

Chirping
12 Years
Feb 15, 2009
I love the sound of my roosters in the morning, but my husband does not. and I don't know about the neighbors but I get the feeling they don't particularly enjoy the 5 am wake up call either. I really need to have them out of here by this weekend no later than next weekend
I have a polish golden laced roo (the hens picked off all of his tail feathers and someof his head feathers so he is now w/ only one hen to give him a chance to grow his feathers bacK--they are starting to come back invery nicely) he is absolutley gorgeous
and a Dominique roo who is also beautiful and friendly
I'd prefer them to go to somewhere that they go to someone as breeders or pets but at this point if you want them for meat too youre welcome to them also (i love my roos but when comes to my marriage or the roos they are gonna have to go;)) thanks guys
pictures are on my website, i can't figure out how to add images here
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2390644610040013676ZqQVZI
2390644610040013676ZqQVZI

Good luck rehoming them. Post something about your location so interested folks will know if they're close enough to consider getting them.

Last edited:
i wouldnt mind a dominique roo, but it would be to hard to get something arranged. really sorry.

I wish I knew where you were located; I would happily add a dominique roo to my flock of 12 buff orpington pullets here on my little farm in southern MO. I wasn't going to have a roo at all, but really would love to hear one crowing in the mornings.

I'm in southern new jersey
I'll throw in 2 absolutely gorgeous delaware hens if someone wants both! They really need to go by this weekend my husband is going to end up just turning them loose (which would be fine if we lived on a large acreage but we do not and we are right next to the road)

Last edited:
Woohoo found a home for one of the roosters, a friend of my husband has a coop and took the polish rooster and 2 delaware hens (they always were making ninja noises, very loud and annoying--out they go)
I have talked with hubby and he is goingto give it a shot for about a week with only one rooster to see if the not having the competition will quiet things down a bit (i think it will b/c it was already quieter around here just shortly after the other one left---as long as i remember to lock them up at night)

Back
Top Bottom