2 week old barred rock pullet or roo??

Really? Boo.:-(. I thought for sure there was enough gray on the feet to hope for pullet. Oh well as long as it's just one roo out of the three I got yesterday I'll be fine with that. Thanks for the feedback. :).

Not always. The old line heritage BRs are not as easily sexed as the hatchery stock. Most all my cockerels have some dark on the leg fronts, though it's sketchy. And I've had pullets who were cockerel colored, huge head spot, almost no dark wash on the leg fronts, overall lighter barring. My first BR hen was as light colored as all her sons. Then, if you get a single factor barred male to pop up in a line, which has happened with me years ago with straight BR parents, all sexing rules are out the window.

That said, with hatchery stock, the pullet leg color is usually dark all the way down. The males may have some dark, but it skips and is mostly concentrated just above the foot.

I did not know that.

It's kinda hard but look at the legs and if the legs are all yellow ther roo but if they have gray or black on the legs it's a Pullet
Not true at all. It's a yellow skinned bird. It has a single yellow comb most likely pullet. Cockerel will have a wider red upper an bigger waddles

Guesses?

Roo.

Back
Top Bottom