2 week old chick labored breathing, gasping, lethargy

❤️

Attachments

• IMG_20240414_123315015.jpg
    IMG_20240414_123315015.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 13
Azula still trusts me, allowing me to pick her up without running and distress peeping, which in turn is keeping Ty Lee calm for handling. But she's definitely not clingy anymore. She used to run to my hand to snuggle up against but not anymore. I kind of miss it but I'm glad she's happy!
I will probably do evening bedtime snuggles for bonding and because- I mean they are so cuddly (of course I would never fall asleep with them in the bed)

Azula still trusts me, allowing me to pick her up without running and distress peeping, which in turn is keeping Ty Lee calm for handling. But she's definitely not clingy anymore. She used to run to my hand to snuggle up against but not anymore. I kind of miss it but I'm glad she's happy!
I will probably do evening bedtime snuggles for bonding and because- I mean they are so cuddly (of course I would never fall asleep with them in the bed)
I am also impressed with how clean my room smells with them in there, thanks to my air purifier right next to their enclosure

I am also impressed with how clean my room smells with them in there, thanks to my air purifier right next to their enclosure
I sometimes brood tiny chicks during the winter, so I set up their brooder in my utility room with air purifier running 24/7. Purifiers do make a difference, but just expect dust. So, be prepared to dust your room a lot. It sounds like Azula and Ty Lee are doing wonderful. Don’t feel bad about Azula acting a little differently toward you at this point. She’s feeling better, and she has her sibling to spend time with too. They’re bonding, and they’ll both bond with you.

I sometimes brood tiny chicks during the winter, so I set up their brooder in my utility room with air purifier running 24/7. Purifiers do make a difference, but just expect dust. So, be prepared to dust your room a lot. It sounds like Azula and Ty Lee are doing wonderful. Don’t feel bad about Azula acting a little differently toward you at this point. She’s feeling better, and she has her sibling to spend time with too. They’re bonding, and they’ll both bond with you.
Oh yes. I just vacuumed and a lot of dust was picked up! Seems I'll be vacuuming daily haha. They both got to try some veggie baby food today! I'm also now feeding the chick crumbles dry as I felt the wet pellets were causing these particular chicks to have more watery poops. Never had the issue before but then again I've never raised wyandottes or sexlinks

Oh yes. I just vacuumed and a lot of dust was picked up! Seems I'll be vacuuming daily haha. They both got to try some veggie baby food today! I'm also now feeding the chick crumbles dry as I felt the wet pellets were causing these particular chicks to have more watery poops. Never had the issue before but then again I've never raised wyandottes or sexlinks
It sounds like you’re right on top of things. I’ve raised both breeds, and have enjoyed having them as part of my flocks.

They are enjoying some explore time as I clean their brooder! (My room is constantly kept free from any dangers including possible foreign bodies they can swallow)

Attachments

• IMG_20240416_181449045.jpg
    IMG_20240416_181449045.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20240416_181648590.jpg
    IMG_20240416_181648590.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 8
They are enjoying some explore time as I clean their brooder! (My room is constantly kept free from any dangers including possible foreign bodies they can swallow)
Honestly they aren't bad. This was the only mess they made while out Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20240416_182046718.jpg
    IMG_20240416_182046718.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom