2 week old CROWED!

MomsGoneMild

Chirping
7 Years
Have mercy! Smallest egg. First to hatch. Boss of the clutch. Now this! I can't believe it. There was no mistaking it either.

He is a Calico Frizzle X Lavender. He looks like straight feathered right now, but he will throw frizzle chicks. Anyone want on the waiting list for this eager young man?

xoxo Annmarie

As far as I know, a nonfrizzled chicken, whether it has frizzled parent or not, cannot throw frizzled offspring. They either are or aren't and the frizzle gene is not masked in a smooth chicken...it just isn't there at all.

must be a lav gene thing

my lav araucana crowed today

it was a short croak but defo a crow and he is only max 5 weeks old

Last edited:
Actually THIS is what i should have copied and pasted from the breeder. I totally mistranslated it. I have no idea what i am doing. Lol. I knew there was something to this rooster though. Here it is how she explains. From what i am reading if i breed this rooster with female from his mom and dad... THEN he will throw a porcelain. Oh dang, guess i have to hatch some more eggs.

Xoxo Annmarie.

WHOOPs forgot to include her description. **NEW** CALICO FRIZZLE/LAVENDER project pen working on Porcelain colored Cochins. Pen includes my Partridge Frizzled hen "Precious" and "Penelope" a Calico Frizzle pullet out of "Precious and Baron" Lavender is recessive so chicks hatched won't look lavender but all will carry lavender then when you breed the F1's together they should produce Porcelains (Egg code CF/LC)

Back
Top Bottom