2 year old Black Laced Red Wyandotte Rooster - ALABAMA

ElizH

Songster
Jun 19, 2020
Big Daddy is a great rooster that I hate to see go, but I do not have any black laced red wyandotte hens... so he is occupying breeding space I could otherwise be using. He is so gentle and sweet, has never once attacked me or even danced at me(or any other humans). He is used to goats and large dogs (great pyrenees) and very calm. He is gentle with and looks out for his hens. Once when it started raining while they were out free ranging in the yard I saw him dash back into the covered run only to realize his hens had not followed him, then run back out into the rain to herd the hens up the hill and into the covered run. I will not let him go to a home where he will be free range all of the time, he must have a protected area because that is what he is used to. He has never come in contact with a predator as his run & coop are inside our fence where the farm dogs scare off any predators.

If interested message me or text me at 205-613-4580, thanks!

IMG_4510.JPEG
64418798728__7976A3DF-4BDB-42C4-BCE3-7152369EDD16.fullsizerender.JPEG
IMG_3799.JPEG

OOPS! Just realized I posted this thread in the wrong catagory.... So sorry! Not sure how to delete it or move it....

He's beautiful
Thank you! My husband and I have been kicking around the idea of selling him for the last year but we have always pushed it off because he's such a likable rooster and so handsome. I wish I had more space, but chicken math can be hard. 😂

@casportpony - got a thread that needs a category change.

@ElizH - is this this intended to be a free rehoming? Or are you looking to sell?
Sell, I'm not sure what the going rate is these days on adult roosters, but I'd be happy with $20 for him.

Sell, I'm not sure what the going rate is these days on adult roosters, but I'd be happy with $20 for him.
I usually see hens going for 20-50 depending on breed and how well they are laying, not much experience with rooster prices though. If I were in the market for a roo, his friendly demeanor would be a good selling point and I think 20 would be fair to ask.

I usually see hens going for 20-50 depending on breed and how well they are laying, not much experience with rooster prices though. If I were in the market for a roo, his friendly demeanor would be a good selling point and I think 20 would be fair to ask.
Good, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom