20 week old silkie when will it lay

Pjsmithsparky

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 20, 2012
I have a 20 week old silkie and I was wondering when she will lay an egg already? She is the only hen in the flock the other four are 5 week old chicks. She has made a small nest in a box ( which has become a need for my pekin chick) and she is very friendly, she loves to snuggle. But I have been having problems with my 1 year old moodle and her beck. My moodle is very friendly and loves to go up to the coop but Gracie comes up and try's to peck him. Does anyone else have that problem?:rolleyes:

She'll lay an egg when she's ready. Squatting is usually a good indicator that an egg will make an appearance in a couple weeks or so.
As far as the dog, that's pretty normal. She sees him as a threat. If your dog visits often, she'll get used to him.
Nikki

Thanks for that but she doesn't seem to get scared of him or anything she comes right up to him and pecks him
:/

Also I have got 4 new chicks but she doesn't like them one bit she won't even let them near her. She won't let them eat if she is eating too, so I have put some food in the places the little ones spend most of their time.

Back
Top Bottom