20 week old Speckled Sussex Rooster in need of a good home!

Chrischik

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 4, 2013
Pemberton, NJ
HI all...I am in southern NJ, Burlington County. OUr chicks grew into (unfortunately) two hens and 4 roosters out of 6 (!). Three of the boys got a great farm home, and we tried keeping the 4th, who was quite cuddly, as a house rooster. Unfortunately, it is not working out for us; he needs a bigger place to roam, and preferably a flock. He is sociable, but I fear his sexual maturity has gotten the best of him!
He's a very handsome guy, about 5 pounds now, and would make an incredible show bird or stud rooster. Speckled Sussex are listed as an ALBC threatened breed, so we want to keep them around! We wouldlike a nice open area, preferably a farm or large rural estate, and avoid any place where he's ending up in a stockpot.
Serious inquiries, please respond! We love Big Mike, and want him to have a great new family to care for him!

I don't know much about Speckled Sussex at all. I'm kinda new to chickens. You are in NJ right? Would it be crazy to think you could ship him to IL? I'm looking for a rooster to go with my 8 amber links. they are 6 months old now. I would love to find one that is more adult with a good personality. I've heard roosters can be hard to take care of.

I don't know much about Speckled Sussex at all. I'm kinda new to chickens. You are in NJ right? Would it be crazy to think you could ship him to IL? I'm looking for a rooster to go with my 8 amber links. they are 6 months old now. I would love to find one that is more adult with a good personality. I've heard roosters can be hard to take care of.

Dunno, I've never shipped an animal before! I'm in NJ yes, seems a bit of a hike for all of us :( But I'll certainly look into it.

Back
Top Bottom