2011 dates for Kankakee Illinois Bird Swap (updated for 2011)

I've only been to the Kankakee swap meet once, but was able to find exactly the kind of chickens I was looking for. Do I understand correctly that there is a swap meet 6/6/2010? I'm looking for a small flock of Buff Orpingtons and Auracanas for my backyard coop. Just wanted to make sure I had the date correct!

Hi all, I just wanted to let everyone know we plan to be at the Kankakee Swap with some Black Copper Marans (french standard), a pair of Wheaten Marans and a pair of Leghorns. I think they are Leghorns, we purchased 30 Cornish Cross from Rural King and two of them turned out not to be Cornish (didn't take long to notice the difference)
tongue.png
The Black Copper Marans we will be taking to the swap are all roosters (already sold out of the hens) and are nice looking, just not ones we are wanting for our breeding pens. We plan to sell them for $10-$15 each. I think we are going to take some hatching eggs too -we just loaded up the incubators so have nowhere for the new eggs to go. I hope all this rainy weather clears out by then!

I think we are going to ask $12 for 6 eggs. I just put 25 eggs in the incubator on May 21st so if anyone will be interested in some straight run BC Marans later this month at $6 each, just let me know.

If we have enough space I want to bring a couple of our Mini Rex rabbits to re-home too. They started out as pets but now they don't get much attention from me so I want to find them happy homes. I just don't want them to go to someone for meat...

Back
Top Bottom