2013 Sebastopol Breeding/Gosling Thread

Not a prob Tim...I don't get over here much myself.
Better luck finding me on the Seb forum.
The gander I was talking about...I did end up getting some fertile eggs from him
but weak embryos dying off before they hatch. The 2 girls he's in with are not laying regularly.
I don't know the the hecks going on. Yearling breeders doing well.
I still think its that dang GMO corn and soy in the feed causing infertility issues but who can afford organic?
hmm.png

Also lots of other information there too which should be very helpful ;)

Like Vicky you'll often find me on the forum too.

Pete ;)

Last edited:
Pete!
While you are here.... I have a couple eggs that are almost due, clearly alive, but not losing enough weight. Is there anything I can do so they do not drown?

Pete!
While you are here.... I have a couple eggs that are almost due, clearly alive, but not losing enough weight. Is there anything I can do so they do not drown?

Incase Pete doesn't see this...are you cooling and misting your eggs daily according to Pete's info?
I use to neglect to to this faithfully but now follow Pete's recommendations and I'm getting much better results.
For people who want to join the Sebastopol Forum theres a link in my profile here.
Lots of helpful information even if you don't want to participate but we'd be happy if you did.
smile.png

Ash Rose Farms...I'm not setting anymore eggs and the girls are winding down on laying.
I've set around 80 eggs this year and have weekly hatches through mid May. BUSY BUSY!

Incase Pete doesn't see this...are you cooling and misting your eggs daily according to Pete's info?
I use to neglect to to this faithfully but now follow Pete's recommendations and I'm getting much better results.
For people who want to join the Sebastopol Forum theres a link in my profile here.
Lots of helpful information even if you don't want to participate but we'd be happy if you did.
smile.png

Ash Rose Farms...I'm not setting anymore eggs and the girls are winding down on laying.
I've set around 80 eggs this year and have weekly hatches through mid May. BUSY BUSY!
Yes- following it through. But what do you do when you are down to the last 2 days or so and it seems like drowning is imminent? I am on the forum, will try over there too in the morning. Thanks ;)

Forgot to mention I run a totally dry incubator...no added water at all during incubation with geese eggs.
Make sure your air vents are wide open and take any added the water out of your incubator NOW!
At 4 weeks cool and mist the eggs for 20 minutes daily until external pip and then lockdown with 70% humidity. Make sure you don't expose to high humidity until external pip. (Per Pete)
Pete's back on the Seb forum daily so hop over there for his advise.
Good luck!
fl.gif

Last edited:
Pete!

Hi

Sorry I didn't see your post last night due to the time difference. Like CottageRose said try cooling the egg daily and remove all water from your incubator. If possible place the eggs near the fan of the incubator which may also encourage rapid moisture loss.

Pete

Hi

Sorry I didn't see your post last night due to the time difference. Like CottageRose said try cooling the egg daily and remove all water from your incubator. If possible place the eggs near the fan of the incubator which may also encourage rapid moisture loss.

Pete
I have done all that. I run it totally dry- humidity has been between 17 and 23% the entire time. I cool and mist daily starting at day 7,but I stopped misting the last few days hoping for some moisture loss. The fan runs constantly. I have duck eggs and other goose eggs that are losing weight, but the ones I REALLY REALLY want to hatch.....
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom