2013 Sebastopol Breeding/Gosling Thread

fl.gif

Today I pulled some eggs from 3 different pens. Only took six total. 2 from each pen. Nice looking eggs and nice hard shells. Just started up the incubator and will test it out for a couple days so everything is right on it to put the sebbie eggs in.
I sure hope this year is better than last year!!!

Finger's crossed for a very fertile year...for everyone!
I have a new incubator on the way. Does anyone know how long I can keep an egg at room temp before it gets in the incubator? I've found two eggs already.
What kind 'o bator are you getting? Eggs can be stored for up to 14 days. They can be stored for longer, but your fertility will go down.

~ Aspen

Ditto! We could all use a good year. Like the one Jean had when she was buried in goslings!
lau.gif

If you are saving the eggs up for a while it supposedly helps turn them. I try to at least once or twice a day, stored on their side.

Today I pulled some eggs from 3 different pens. Only took six total. 2 from each pen. Nice looking eggs and nice hard shells. Just started up the incubator and will test it out for a couple days so everything is right on it to put the sebbie eggs in.
I sure hope this year is better than last year!!!
Congrats!!!!
fl.gif

I am pretty hopeful that since changing to whole grains that I will see a difference in hatchability. The eggs were fertile and developed, they just wouldn't make it all the way through the incubation process.

You know- I had been mixing the layer crumbles with the grains, and they would just pick all the grains out. I would be left will a bowl of crumble at the end of the day. So I just stopped giving it to them. They still get salad too. No soft shells or anything so far. Will be interested to see how it plays out.

Back
Top Bottom