2013 Sebastopol Breeding/Gosling Thread

I am looking for sebastopol eggs to hatch. Are you selling any of yours. I have a sportsman and so far have had a 100% hatch with chicken eggs. I want to raise these beautiful birds and am also doing this for a highschool project.

I just found 2 eggs buried in the hay 10 minutes ago...the 1st Sebbie eggs of 2013 for us!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Just let me know when! I'm hoping this is the beginning of both girls laying pretty steadily...our weather has been crazy! Cold, then over 40 or 50, then cold and freezing rain, then 50 and windy and rainy again. The only consistent thing is the MUD! They don't mind it, but I hate the mud, cold, freezing rain, and ice too! Bring on nice Spring then Summer!
That sounds like our weather here. One day it's gorgeous, and almost 70F outside, no wind. The next day it's blowing 50+ mph, we have a hailstorm, rainstorm, and then a blizzard all in the same day! LOL
Congrats Lisa

Our Liberty just started laying this week. This put all the white, the lavenders plus Liberty (who is brand new here) with her buff gander all laying. All that is left to start is the lilac pen and the other buff pen then all geese will be laying here

Liberty (blue goose) and Justice (buff gander) came from Peachick in MD just a few weeks ago, and are the parents to our Creme' Brulee (curly buff goose)

Congrats on the new geese, Shellie. Have I seen pictures of Liberty and Justice? I know Peachick was selling off her beautiful Sebs, but had no idea who was buying them. : )

~ Aspen

still no eggs here so I went ahead and bought 2
shipped in from Cali

1 is developing- yoo hoo
wasn't expecting it, just figured I would be sure the temps, etc where up and working like they were supposed to on the incubator...bonus!!

glad I threw in some ducks about the same time. if it hatches, it should have some midget friends

still no eggs here so I went ahead and bought 2
shipped in from Cali

1 is developing- yoo hoo
wasn't expecting it, just figured I would be sure the temps, etc where up and working like they were supposed to on the incubator...bonus!!

glad I threw in some ducks about the same time. if it hatches, it should have some midget friends

Oh, fun stuff! Did you get them from a BYC? What colors did they have in their gaggle of Sebs?

~ Aspen

lol yep, I was on the down low with the purchase of these two. Their daughter laid today! So now the lilacs are left waiting for them to lay.

I dont think you have seen them yet, so here they are. Need to get more pictures now that they have settled in and dont hiss at the camera and will graze past me without worry.

Beautiful..and that Buff curly....stunning. You are going to get some gorgeous babies from them. Are you planning on keeping some of their offspring?

~ Aspen

Just let me know when! I'm hoping this is the beginning of both girls laying pretty steadily...our weather has been crazy! Cold, then over 40 or 50, then cold and freezing rain, then 50 and windy and rainy again. The only consistent thing is the MUD! They don't mind it, but I hate the mud, cold, freezing rain, and ice too! Bring on nice Spring then Summer!

Congrats on the eggs!!
clap.gif

X2 on the MUD, cold, freezing rain, snow and ice!!!
rant.gif

Congrats on the eggs!!
clap.gif

X2 on the MUD, cold, freezing rain, snow and ice!!!
rant.gif
Thanks Becky, I found 2 more today! So that's 4 eggs in 2 days for us! Haven't decided if I'm selling them or going to try to hatch them and sell the goslings......decisions, decisions.

Back
Top Bottom