2013 Sebastopol Breeding/Gosling Thread

still no eggs here so I went ahead and bought 2
shipped in from Cali

1 is developing- yoo hoo
wasn't expecting it, just figured I would be sure the temps, etc where up and working like they were supposed to on the incubator...bonus!!

glad I threw in some ducks about the same time. if it hatches, it should have some midget friends
I have been setting runner duck eggs with mine as well. Hoping I have better luck with them if I do Pete's goose egg method. I don't know why, but the duck eggs that I found freezing cold have ALL started, but not all of the goose eggs.

Aspen, yep we will keep back a few girls as we have two buff pens this year
celebrate.gif
I hope to have ten buff pens next year!
lol.png
But I would be happy with 2.

Thanks Becky, I found 2 more today! So that's 4 eggs in 2 days for us! Haven't decided if I'm selling them or going to try to hatch them and sell the goslings......decisions, decisions.
Hatch them, fall in love, and keep them. I like this plan!
Aspen, yep we will keep back a few girls as we have two buff pens this year
celebrate.gif
Ohhhh...exciting!!!!
I have been setting runner duck eggs with mine as well. Hoping I have better luck with them if I do Pete's goose egg method. I don't know why, but the duck eggs that I found freezing cold have ALL started, but not all of the goose eggs.
What colors of Runners do you have? I'd like to get somemore at some point. They are so goofy!
I hope to have ten buff pens next year!
lol.png
But I would be happy with 2.
thumbsup.gif

Tossed three more goose eggs..sad..oh well.

Good news though, the 2nd to the last batch of goose eggs I put in, I think 3/4 of them have veins/lil heart beats! And my Call duck eggs are almost all fertile!

~ Aspen

Hatch them, fall in love, and keep them. I like this plan!
Ohhhh...exciting!!!!

I'd hatch them, but not be able to keep them due to lack of space...my 4 now have eaten most of our grass. I may set them to test fertility, and go ahead and hatch if anyone wants to buy them. I am curious about future colors too, since Sadie is a Saddleback, Sammy's all white, and Scout and Simon sometimes have shown little gray spots on them. Simon's not related at all, and I think he and Scout have paired off. I've yet to see anyone actually 'with' another, I just see them walking around in pairs. I have 6 eggs now, with 4 of them longer and heavier (Sadie's?), and 2 a bit smaller and lighter (Scouts?).

Last edited:
The second egg is developing as well. I guess they were better packaged and handled on their way here then expected.

Aspen- They are white.

Goose and Fig- always glad to hear from you!!! I am feeling better and my hair is growing back in. I never thought I was the vain type before, I now know that I am more than I thought. I can travel some as I am back to driving everyday I just get real tired if it is more than 1 1/2 or 2 hrs one way and have to sleep much of the next day.

I got 2 eggs from my own geese yesterday. WOO HOO

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom