2013 Sebastopol Breeding/Gosling Thread

Yay! So glad you're getting eggs over there now. Such a pretty flock, and that pond....those are the birds that sold me on sebastopols.

Don't worry about your hair- it'll come back.
hugs.gif

I'd hatch them, but not be able to keep them due to lack of space...my 4 now have eaten most of our grass. I may set them to test fertility, and go ahead and hatch if anyone wants to buy them. I am curious about future colors too, since Sadie is a Saddleback, Sammy's all white, and Scout and Simon sometimes have shown little gray spots on them. Simon's not related at all, and I think he and Scout have paired off. I've yet to see anyone actually 'with' another, I just see them walking around in pairs. I have 6 eggs now, with 4 of them longer and heavier (Sadie's?), and 2 a bit smaller and lighter (Scouts?).
Can you ship goslings? My problem is, if I hatch out a gosling..I'm not going to want to sell it. LOL I'd probably end up selling my guineas, and chickens to make room for more Sebs. Heehee

Do you have any pictures of your Sebbies?
The second egg is developing as well. I guess they were better packaged and handled on their way here then expected.

Aspen- They are white.

Goose and Fig- always glad to hear from you!!! I am feeling better and my hair is growing back in. I never thought I was the vain type before, I now know that I am more than I thought. I can travel some as I am back to driving everyday I just get real tired if it is more than 1 1/2 or 2 hrs one way and have to sleep much of the next day.

I got 2 eggs from my own geese yesterday. WOO HOO
Yeah!! I got three eggs this morning, 1 Seb, 1 Seb Project and one Roman or American Buff egg...not certain. All went into the 'bator. ; )

~ Aspen

I haven't shipped any goslings yet, but I'm willing to if someone tells me how to. I uploaded some recent pics to my egg sale thread, but here are a few....

Yay! So glad you're getting eggs over there now. Such a pretty flock, and that pond....those are the birds that sold me on sebastopols.

Don't worry about your hair- it'll come back.
hugs.gif
I didn't know that my Sebbies are what infected you. Tickles me to death.....
big_smile.png
.....I am delighted to share the Sebbie love and "infect" others.

Hey girl,

Just wante to let you know that Peepers is doing great. She is in the breeding pen with Dave. He is an older gander and is much less agressive at breeding than my younger boys.

She seems to like my helper out here better than me. Last week she followed her all around while she was cleaning.

Jean,
Glad to hear she fit in so well. I loved the pictures I had seen of Dave so hopefully you will be thrilled how they turn out. It's good to hear from you and be online. I have been feeling so much more frisky with the sunshine and warmer weather.
She was raised and petted by my kids so that might explain her addiction to your helper. Well that is if they are young or short.
Has she started to lay?
Lori

Jean,
Glad to hear she fit in so well. I loved the pictures I had seen of Dave so hopefully you will be thrilled how they turn out. It's good to hear from you and be online. I have been feeling so much more frisky with the sunshine and warmer weather.
She was raised and petted by my kids so that might explain her addiction to your helper. Well that is if they are young or short.
Has she started to lay?
Lori
No, I'm not getting any constant supply of eggs. Only two over the last two weeks.

OK- last year I offered sebbie eggs to several individuals for trades. Then I had planned on getting rid of the sebbies due to health reasons. I am sure ya'll have noticed that it didn't happen and I have a small flock. The first eggs were laid on Sunday. Once fertility is confirmed and laying is regular, those people I promised eggs to will be getting them. I have contacted 3 people but can't remember if there was anyone else. These conversations were in Aug of last year. If I have not contacted you AND should have...please PM me so I can send you some.

Back
Top Bottom