2013 Sebastopol Breeding/Gosling Thread

Tim cat food is always high in protien because that is what cats need. You also have meat by products in there and our geese do NOT eat meat just grasses vegies and fruits. So this could have caused the problem for you. I try to throw out answers that might help.

Like when I bred cats sometimes a cat can have a different blood type and the other cat when it gets pregnant it will abort the fetuses due to the blood does not match. I have no idea if this would be the same in geese, but it is a thought for us all.....

Hello all! I've been MIA for awhile, I was under the weather for a couple of days and had hatchlings and other things to keep me busy.

Pictures of my first goslings of 2013..

Beaky (poor baby hatched out with a crossed beak)

and Misty

Both goslings inside fluffing out by the wood stove, after I took them from the hatcher

~ Aspen

Is Beaky going to be able to eat on his own? How is Beaky today?
X2!

Ok- here's 3 of the 4, one is still working on some yolk...

This should be a lavender:

This one has a pattern on its bill. I think its saddleback?

Group shot. The one on the left is solid dark. Guessing blue or grey? The one in the bator and the ones on the far right and left have the same parents.

This is an older pic, but these are the parents of the non-lavenders. Dad is SB split for buff, Mom is blue and her parents were Lav and White.

Hows Beaky doing?

Is Beaky going to be able to eat on his own? How is Beaky today?

X2!

Ok- here's 3 of the 4, one is still working on some yolk...

This should be a lavender:

This one has a pattern on its bill. I think its saddleback?

Group shot. The one on the left is solid dark. Guessing blue or grey? The one in the bator and the ones on the far right and left have the same parents.

This is an older pic, but these are the parents of the non-lavenders. Dad is SB split for buff, Mom is blue and her parents were Lav and White.
Congratulations on the goslings! They are so adorable!

Beaky was just fine this morning. As soon as I refilled their water bowl, Beaky along with the ducklings started to drink. They'd also eaten all their FF, so I refilled that. I went to check on them a minute ago and they'd cleaned their FF dish again. I know this morning Misty and Beaky were both pecking at the food, but I do not know how much they got, since there are 7 ducklings in the brooder with them. I think I may bring them both inside and make sure they get some food in their system. Just to be on the safe side.

I'll try and get some new pictures of them when I bring them inside to visit.

~ Aspen

Congratulations on the goslings! They are so adorable!

Beaky was just fine this morning. As soon as I refilled their water bowl, Beaky along with the ducklings started to drink. They'd also eaten all their FF, so I refilled that. I went to check on them a minute ago and they'd cleaned their FF dish again. I know this morning Misty and Beaky were both pecking at the food, but I do not know how much they got, since there are 7 ducklings in the brooder with them. I think I may bring them both inside and make sure they get some food in their system. Just to be on the safe side.

I'll try and get some new pictures of them when I bring them inside to visit.

~ Aspen
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom