2013 Sebastopol Breeding/Gosling Thread

I'm dying to get some sebby's! But first! How much room do they need? I'm afraid to let them free range due to preditors, do they do well in an enclosed space?

one of the two week old goslings had a nosebleed today, a little line of blood ran out of each nostril, then it went on eating grass, it seemed fine otherwise, should i be worried?what causes this?

Last edited:
I have never had a goslings nose bleed and I have been breeding Sebastopols for 5 almost 6 years..... I have no idea what that could be but maybe someone else can help you with that. Have you goslings been playing in sludge mud or sitting water???

I change the water 3 or 4 times a day and move the pen they are in every day or two to keep it clean and dry, I think maybe it got a piece of straw or something hard to chew that poked it I dunno,

I change the water 3 or 4 times a day and move the pen they are in every day or two to keep it clean and dry, I think maybe it got a piece of straw or something hard to chew that poked it I dunno,

How is the little one?

These are my oldest babies. And some really ratty adults ready to molt!
The solid blue smooth-breast one I am pretty sure is a gander. He is just about 9 weeks and is bigger than the adult females. Very similar shape to his grampa, who is also on the big side for a Seb. This one is split for saddleback and possibly buff.

It seems like they are little and fuzzy for the longest time, then you get up one day and they're all huge! Just like kids....

Last edited:
Do the ganders tend to start to outgrow a goose at some point? I have two, and the younger one (by about 9 days) is now noticeably bigger in size and weight than the other. Could this one be a gander? They are 8 & 7 weeks.

Do the ganders tend to start to outgrow a goose at some point? I have two, and the younger one (by about 9 days) is now noticeably bigger in size and weight than the other. Could this one be a gander? They are 8 & 7 weeks.
Could be. But I also have one really large girl. Might be because I am working with color stock. Whites might be more consistent. Anybody?

Back
Top Bottom